Oven Poached Salmon. The salmon basically poaches in the liquid. You could also call this recipe oven poached salmon. Then cover the dish and bake until just cooked through.
Whether you are entertaining a crowd or making a simple meal for one, there's nothing more easy, healthy. The cabbage-and-carrot mixture adds a crispy contrast to this flavorful poached fish. Be the first to review this recipe. You can cook Oven Poached Salmon using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oven Poached Salmon
- Prepare 4 (6-8 oz) of salmon filets.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sriracha sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fresh minced ginger.
We wanted our lighter version of poached salmon to be tasty enough to serve company. Slide salmon pieces into poaching liquid and dot with butter. Sprinkle with dried parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a slow boil, reduce heat to medium and poach until salmon flesh is firm.
Oven Poached Salmon instructions
- Mix all marinade ingredients well in a glass baking dish, large enough to accommodate the fish.
- Place salmon filets skin side up in the marinade. Make sure salmon is mostly immersed in the liquid. You can do 6-8 pieces with this amount of marinade, depending on the size.
- Cover and let marinate for 4-8 hours in the fridge.
- To bake: flip the filets to skin side down. Pour out some of the marinade, if necessary, so the top of the filets are above the liquid. Bake at 400° Fahrenheit, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
A side of salmon, steamed with mirepoix and vermouth, stays tender and flavorful. When I'm starving after work, I want a fast meal with no-fail technique. Meanwhile, brush salmon with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Today we're showing you the easiest, simplest way to cook salmon in the oven. It can be a midweek date night, an al fresco meal with friends, or dinner with the in-laws — salmon will rise to any occasion.