Nyonya Curry Noodles.
You can cook Nyonya Curry Noodles using 29 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nyonya Curry Noodles
- You need of For Curry;.
- It’s 40 g of Shallots.
- You need 20 g of Garlic.
- Prepare 20 g of Ginger.
- It’s 3 pc of Red Chillies.
- You need 4 pc of Dried Chillies (rehydrate, deseeded).
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of Fermented Shrimp Paste (Belacan).
- Prepare 3 pc of Candle Nuts.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin.
- You need 1 cup of Stock (chicken,vegetable or fish).
- Prepare 1 cup of Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 1 stick of Lemongrass (bruised).
- It’s 1 sprig of Curry Leaves.
- You need 1 pc of Ginger Flower (Bunga Kantan, sliced middle).
- Prepare 2 pc of Tamarind Slices (Asam Keping).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Palm Sugar.
- Prepare as needed of Salt.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- You need of For Final Dish;.
- It’s 200 g of Rice Vermicelli or Yellow Noodles (any will do).
- You need 1 Tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare as needed of Water (for boiling noodles).
- It’s 8 pc of Fishballs.
- It’s 8 pc of Fried Tofu.
- It’s 50 g of French Beans (cut lengthwise).
- It’s 50 g of Cabbage (shredded roughly).
- Prepare 1 pc of Red Chilli (finely sliced, garnish).
- You need 1 pc of Green Chilli (finely sliced, garnish).
Nyonya Curry Noodles step by step
- CURRY PASTE; Blend the shallots, garlic, ginger, red chillies, rehydrated dried chillies, coriander powder, cumin powder, fermented shrimp paste and candle nuts into a paste.
- COOK THE PASTE; heat the cooking oil in a pot/wok until hot and fry the curry paste until the oil separates. (If you want to add meat, this is when you add it too.).
- MAKE GRAVY; add in stock, coconut milk, lemongrass, ginger flower, curry leaves, tamarind slices, palm sugar and mix well. Cook until the gravy is reduced by half. Season with salt.
- PREP THE NOODLES; While the curry is cooking, cook the noodles in pot of boiling water until soft. Lift, strain the excess water and add a 1 Tbsp of Cooking Oil to prevent sticking.
- ASSEMBLY; when ready to serve, cook the fishballs, fried tofu, french beans in the curry for 3 – 5 minutes. Place noodles in a bowl or soup plate and top it with cabbages. Then pour the curry onto the noodles and arrange the fishballs, tofu and vegetables. Ready to serve.
- NOTE; if you want to add prawns, fried fish, fried chicken – anything within reason really – by all means.