Blackened Salmon. The specifics of the spice blend vary from recipe to recipe, but it usually includes paprika, garlic power, dried oregano, cayenne, and salt. Coat each stake with the butter (or olive oil) and let sit while the rest of the butter/olive oil heats up in the pan. I'm not going to lie to you, cooking fish at home used to scare me…. but not anymore.
This blackened salmon recipe is perfectly flaky, full of wonderful Cajun spices, and has a crispy exterior everyone will love! Blackened salmon is so easy to make and the crispy skin is truly life-changing! Salmon is one of my staple foods – we make it one or two times a week usually, and I never get tired of it! You can have Blackened Salmon using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blackened Salmon
- You need 4 of 4-6oz fresh boneless salmon fillets.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 Tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need of cooking spray.
- You need of Lemon slices for garnish if you like.
Blackened Salmon with A Spicy Kick. If you love spicy food, then this is the dish for you. It's definitely spicy, but you can completely control the level of heat by adjusting the amount of cayenne that you use. But this blackened salmon recipe is even better because it's so flavorful.
Blackened Salmon instructions
- Preheat broiler. Combine all spices in a bowl and then put on a flat plate. Coat each side of the fillets with spices. Place fillets on a sprayed baking sheet. Spray tops of fillets with cooking spray. Broil fillets about 4-5 inches from heat for 8-11 minutes, turning half way through. They should be nice and flaky.
- Serve with your favorite veggie or rice and top with lemon slices.
And when it gets charred in a hot skillet, the flavor is wonderful. Blackening also keeps the salmon extra juicy. Salmon is fatty and flavorful enough to withstand bold seasonings, and the chili rub is just fabulous. This blackened salmon in great for working parents, busy college students, or those hosting a hectic dinner party, salmon is a dish that is sure to please. It is also simple and fairly hard to mess up, making it the perfect choice for those in a rush or beginner cooks.