Salt and Pepper Shrimp / Prawn with Basmati Rice. Here's what you need: frozen shrimp, cornstarch, oil, garlic, fresh ginger, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, scallions, white rice. Transfer to the wire rack to drain. Rinse and dry shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
This salt and pepper shrimp recipe is a Cantonese dish that can be made at home with just a few ingredients–Sichuan peppercorns Crispy, salty, slightly spicy…what's not to like? Add the prawns and season with ½ teaspoon of the pepper mixture (or to taste). Pour in the eggs and spread them out in the pan. You can have Salt and Pepper Shrimp / Prawn with Basmati Rice using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salt and Pepper Shrimp / Prawn with Basmati Rice
- It’s 500 g of shrimp prawn / king (shelled, head and tail off and deveined) / 17½ oz. large.
- Prepare ½ tablespoon of black pepper freshly ground.
- You need ½ tablespoon of sea salt freshly ground.
- You need 2 tablespoons of cornstarch cornflour /.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pepper ground Szechwan.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ginger ground.
- Prepare ½ teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 125 g of scallions spring onions green end of / (chopped) /4½ oz.
- You need of “Spray2Cook” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
- You need 250 g of basmati rice (washed) / 9 oz.
- You need 350 ml of water cold / 12 fl. oz.
- You need ½ of chicken stock cube.
- Prepare / 125 teaspoon of spring onions white end of (finely sliced)g /4½ oz.
- You need 125 g of peas (frozen) /4½ oz.
- You need 2 of lemons zest of.
- You need 1 of lemon juice of.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ginger ground.
- It’s of “Spray2Cook” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
You'll have more pepper salt than you need for this recipe. Store in an airtight container and use as an all-purpose seasoning for omelettes. » Seafood. » Shellfish. » Shrimp. » Asian Prawns with Spiced Basmati Rice. Wash the rice in a sieve and cook in twice the amount of salted water, together with the star anise, a bay leaf Wash the chilli peppers, cut in half, remove the seeds and finely chop. Place the tomatoes in boiling water, then.
Salt and Pepper Shrimp / Prawn with Basmati Rice step by step
- Heat a saucepan sprayed with Spray2Cook. Add the white scallions and soften for 3 minutes.
- Add the water, lemon zest, lemon juice, ginger and rice. Bring to the boil and add the stock cube and peas.
- Turn down to a gentle simmer.
- Lid the pan and leave to simmer for 12 minutes – do not uncover. Remove the pan from the heat and stand for 3 minutes.
- Timed so as to complete when the rice is ready, cook the shrimp.
- Put the ingredients other than the shrimp and scallions in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- The shrimp should be no more than damp so if previously frozen spread on paper towel to dry. Spray the shrimp in Spray2Cook to cover.
- Dredge the shrimp in the contents of the bowl. Put a wok on high heat and spray with Spray2Cook.
- When the Spray2Cook is bubbling add the shrimp and scallions and stir-fry for 3 minutes until the shrimp is pink.
- Serve the stir-fry on a bed of rice.
Salt and pepper prawn is deep fried with a light corn starch coating. The crispy prawns are then quickly tossed in a hot wok with garlic, jalapenos One of the many items I was able to sample was the deep-fried salt and pepper prawns. It was so tasty that I had to make the dish as soon as I got home. Spoon the shrimp mixture over hot basmati rice and top the dish with a. Grind roasted peppers, salt and rice flour until coarsely ground.