Spicy Shrimp Rice / Sambal Nasi Udang. Sambal Udang (Prawn Sambal) is a fiery and piquant side dish often served as an accompaniment to perk up any rice meal. A must-try for the spicy food fan. Sambal Udang (Prawn Sambal) is a well loved side dish that is often taken for granted.
Try this famous hot and spicy prawns in sambal recipe which goes well with Nasi Lemak. This Sambal Udang is easy to cook with step by step instruction in preparing the dish. It is made of shrimp, either peeled or unpeeled, stir-fried in hot and spicy sambal paste in small amount of cooking oil. You can cook Spicy Shrimp Rice / Sambal Nasi Udang using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp Rice / Sambal Nasi Udang
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 cup of onion.
- It’s 1 small of carrot grated.
- It’s 2 cup of leftover or cooked white rice.
- You need 1 cup of deveined shrimp / prawn.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s of garnish.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of spring onion and onion ring.
- You need of SPICY SAUCE (SAMBAL SAUCE )or any sambal oelek.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of spicy sauce (sambal sauce).
- It’s 1 tsp of soy sauce.
It is suits to eat together. Nasi lemak, de rigeur Malaysian and Singapore breakfast. Here's a quick way to cook coconut rice using a rice cooker and an easy no-fuss recipe for sambal or chilli prawns. Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean) This dish is a common dish in South East Asia country and to be more precise, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore & Thailand.
Spicy Shrimp Rice / Sambal Nasi Udang step by step
- FOR THE SPICY SAUCE (SAMBAL SAUCE) PLEASE VIEW ATTACHMENTS BELOW https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/333646-spicy-sauce-sambal-sauce.
- Used leftover white rice or cooked rice then set aside.
- in pan with oil brown onion and carrot then add prawn sautee for 2 minute then add sambal sauce with light soy sauce and sugar sautee for another 1 minute.
- Add cooked white rice and stir fry all in a pan for another 3 minute to mix well then off heat and serve.
Most of the country here in south east asia love spicy food and sambal udang petai is one of it. See great recipes for Spicy Sauce /Sambal Sauce too! Prawn Sambal (or Sambal Udang, Sambal Shrimp) relies heavily on one of Malaysia's favorite ingredients, Sambal Sauce. The spicy sauce is a staple in Malaysian cooking. The very basic sauce, Sambal Oelek, is a paste made with fiery red chiles and plus a little salt and/or vinegar.