Smoked salmon and caviar pancake canapés. smoked salmon recipe, salmon recipe, salmon and caviar appetizer, Russian appetizer Looking for a tasty seafood appetizer that will impress your dinner guests? This caviar and salmon canapes is it! A classic combination of smoked salmon and caviar, topped with capers and dill on top of toast.
These delicate little pancakes make a tasty smoked salmon starter for a dinner party or gorgeous canapes if you're just putting on drinks for family and friends. Potatoes make a sophisticated appetizer when transformed into these deliciously crisp pancakes. Top them with sour cream and succulent strips of smoked salmon for a Remove the pancakes from the pan, drain them on paper towels, and keep them warm in the oven while you cook the remainder. You can cook Smoked salmon and caviar pancake canapés using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoked salmon and caviar pancake canapés
- You need of for the batter.
- Prepare 55 g of x plain flour.
- It’s 1 of x medium egg.
- You need 140 ml of x milk.
- You need 5 g of x melted butter.
- You need 100 g of x smoked salmon.
- Prepare 100 g of x creme fraiché or cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 of x small jar of fish roe or caviar (opt).
- You need 1/2 packet of dill.
Smoked Salmon and Caviar with Champagne Sauce. Toasted bread with cream cheese and salmon fillet. Holiday appetizers with salmon and red caviar. Pancakes with red caviar on a wooden background.
Smoked salmon and caviar pancake canapés instructions
- Beat the egg, then whisk in the flour, when that is smooth add the milk. It is easier to add 1/3 of the milk and whisk smooth then add the rest.
- Decant batter into a jug, then remember that you forgot to add the melted butter. So melt the butter in a crepe or non stick frying pan and add it to the batter. Put the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes or more to thicken slightly.
- Add a tiny amount of oil to the pan and wipe with kitchen paper, Start making pancakes / crepes. These need to be thin but not so thin that they cannot hold the smoked salmon filling. It's trial and error, the good news is any that don't work out are just lovely with some syrup.
- When your on a roll with your pancakes it should be easy, flip them with a pallet knife or toss them if you like. when both sides are golden stack them on a plate. When all done and cooled down you can cover and store in the fridge if your making them in advance.
- Slice the dill with a sharp knife, and beat it into the creme fraiche, if you want your pancakes to be easier to roll and handle you may prefer cream cheese which is firmer?.
- Decide which side of the pancake you want to be the presentation side and sit that face down, then spread a couple of tsp of the dill cream mixture over it but not quite to the edges.
- Tear smoked salmon into small pieces and arrange them over the pancake, then if using fish roe (the jar I bought was about £5) spoon a small row towards the lower end closest to you.
- Lift up the edge closest to you and encase it over the caviar, then keep rolling it up like a cigar. Sit the pancake on some cling film and roll up.
- Twist the cling film at the ends to tighten it up and for extra security you can double wrap. Now store in the fridge until just a few minutes before you serve these canapés They will be fine for up to 24 hours before the pancakes start to get soggy.
- Unwrap the pancake then just trim of the ends with the sharpest knife you have, I cut mine into six pieces, so I started by slicing into 3 even sized peieces.
- Slice each 3rd on a diagonal but take care to leave at least 1/2 cm gap at the edge so that the pancake doesn't unravel. I arranged mine on a slate and topped with dill sprigs. Again the creme fraiche makes these very soft so when cutting use a really sharp knife and don't be heavy handed, cream cheese will be firmer and easier to cut.
- I served mine with a couple of other lovely canapés check out the video if you like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3U2V-KFHk0&t=5s.
The Best Smoked Salmon Canapes Recipes on Yummly Smoked Salmon And Dill Canapes, Smoked Salmon And Egg Canapes, Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon Canapes With Easy Lemon Truffle MayoSalt and Lavender. salt, smoked salmon, mayonnaise, pepper, baguette, fresh. Smoked Salmon Canapes. "My boyfriend's mother gave me the idea for this classy appetizer that I serve for Sunday brunch and special occasions like New Year's Eve," says Tristin Crenshaw, Tucson In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and dill. Top with salmon and red onion. Smoked Salmon and Caviar Canapes make a wonderful sophisticated New Year's Eve appetizer to serve your family and friends.