Coconut honey shrimp. Season shrimp with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour, dip into egg mixture, and dredge in bread crumb and shredded coconut mixture. Shake off any excess and set aside. I *absolutely love* honey walnut shrimp, but I didn't think that the recipe would be as simple as this.
It can be prepared and served on skewers. This juicy shrimp is marinated in an intoxicating bath of honey, lime juice, coconut cream, soy sauce, garlic and ginger so every morsel is bursting with coconut honey lime flavor. Coconut Shrimp are crisp on the outside with succulent juicy shrimp inside. You can cook Coconut honey shrimp using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut honey shrimp
- You need of Coconut shrimp.
- You need 400 grams of peeled, cleaned shrimp-medium size.
- You need 1 large of beaten egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- You need 1/2 cup of sweet coconut flakes.
- You need of oil for frying.
- Prepare 1 of chinese rice vermicelli.
- It’s 5 slice of pineapple-cut in small parts.
- It’s of Honey garlic sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Honey, or more to taste.
- It’s 3 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
Coconut Shrimp is popular at restaurants, but once you see how quick and easy it is to make at Other favorite shrimp recipes are this Shrimp and Avocado Salad, Honey Walnut Shrimp, and Peel. The best and crispiest coconut shrimp recipe with jumbo coconut shrimp that is better than Red Lobster. Coconut Shrimp Sauce Is there a sauce to serve with the coconut shrimp? Coconut milk flavored with peanut butter makes a classic Thai-inspired, creamy sauce.
Coconut honey shrimp instructions
- In a shallow dish, mix salt and flour. In a small bowl, whisk the egg and add pepper. On a dinner plate, mix the breadcrumbs and the coconut.
- Cover each shrimp in flour, shaking off the excess. Then dip in eggs amd lay on the coconut/panko mixture. Press the breading with the palm of your hand the help it settle well on the shrimp then gently shake off the excess.
- After breading all the shrimp, let them rest for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil water and add chinese rice vermicelli. NOTE: Follow the instructions placed on the noodle's box for better results.
- In a large skillet, heat up about 1/2 inch of oil on medium-high heat. Fry the shrimp until golden.
- Drain on papet towels.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine honey, garlic and soy sauce. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water then add to the mixture and stir until thickened.
- Serve the rice vermicelli with pineapple and the shrimp and gently toss the sauce over it. Bon appetit!.
When tossed with shrimp and bell peppers, it makes for an easy dinner! I feel that I've led you astray. My coconut shrimp recipe is unlike any others that I've tried before. The shrimp are sweet and juicy, while Pictured with my coconut shrimp is just a simple spicy peach chili sauce I found at the store. I'm so excited to share this recipe as a guest post for Interiors By Jacquin – Interior Design and Lifestyle Blog!