Indonesian Gado Gado. I'm very excited to introduce you to another There are many regional variation for gado-gado, just like Korean kimchi. Gado-gado (in Bahasa Indonesian or Betawi Malay, the language of Jakarta), also known as lotek (in Sundanese and Javanese), is an Indonesian salad of various blanched or steamed vegetables, also. Indonesian Gado Gado is a basically a mix of salad type ingredients along with a few other key items.
The salad is usually built on mainly cooked vegetables, though sometimes there's a mixture of raw veggies like cucumber too. Traditionally, Indonesian gado-gado salad is often served with a hard-boiled egg, which I subbed for some vermicelli noodles to make it a bit more substantial. Indonesian gado gado salad is a healthy medley of lightly cooked vegetables topped with boiled eggs and a delicious peanut satay sauce. You can have Indonesian Gado Gado using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Gado Gado
- Prepare 4 of Chinese cabbage leaf.
- Prepare 100 gr of bean sprout.
- You need 100 gr of sneak bean.
- It’s 2 of stems choi sum.
- Prepare 4 of boiled potatoes.
- Prepare 4 of boiled eggs.
- It’s 100 gr of fried tofu, cut in small dice.
- Prepare 250 gr of grilled chicken.
- It’s 150 gr of granulated peanuts, oven it until dark brown then crush i.
- Prepare 2 tsp of shrimp paste.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 pieces of small shallots.
- It’s 270 ml of light coconut milk.
- You need 1 tsp of tamarind puree.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 drops of lime juice or juice from half piece of lime.
- You need 2 tbs of peanut oil.
- Prepare 250 ml of water.
- You need of If you like spicy add sambal or a couple or crushed chilli.
Gluten free, dairy free and so easy! Captured in Sukawati market, Bali, Indonesia. A popular street dish in Indonesia, gado gado ("mix-mix") is just the thing to shake up your weeknight routine. One ubiquitous Indonesian dish is gado-gado.
Indonesian Gado Gado instructions
- To make a peanut sauce : heat the peanut oil, then fry the onion and shallot until soft, then put all the ingredients (and sambal or chilli) and let it boils until thick.
- Boild all the vegetables one by one for 10 – 15 seconds.
- Cut the boiled vegetables in the fair cut.
- Plate the vegetables, potatoes, tofu, and chicken.
- Pour the peanut sauce on the top of it.
- Garnish with boiled egg and fried shallot.
- Serve it with shrimp cracker.
The name literally means "mix-mix," a fitting name for a dish that's basically a mixed salad topped with peanut sauce. It's thought to originally be a Sundanese. Gado Gado is an online retailer specializing in hand crafted Indonesian furniture, Balinese Furniture, Art and Home Decor, all created by traditional artisans. Bali style, carved, rustic, primitive, tribal, one. DIRECTIONS Serving Ideas : Serve with white rice and a meat dish.