Yam Cake | Taro Cake | 芋頭糕. 芋頭糕的做法比蘿蔔糕要簡單得多，芋頭容易糊化，無須刨絲，只須切粒。 利用臘腸爆香時溢出的油脂炒香其他配料和芋頭，不用額外添加油不肥膩。 臘味和乾貨已經有鹹味，調味料也無須太多，吃得健康又能品嚐芋頭的原味，最重要的，當然是選購品質上乘. 秋天芋頭季節,做份芋頭糕嚐嚐吧! 出處icook作者ㄚ曼達 【關鍵字】：芋頭糕 芋頭糕蒸熟先品嚐一塊，芋香鬆綿好吃，用油煎過的外皮酥香可口。 做抹茶芋頭酥，要送給朋友中秋節拌手禮。剩下一些芋頭，想到可以來做芋頭糕。這幾次買到的芋頭都非常鬆綿好吃。 粉漿：在來米粉 成漿糊狀後熄火，將芋頭糕糊填入模具後稍抹平表面 ⭐️不鏽鋼內鍋或蛋糕模皆可，或是跟我一樣取粿巾鋪在蒸籠內（鐵或竹蒸籠皆可）再把糕糊直接舀入 . Steamed Yam Cake is a popular snack enjoyed by both Malaysians and Singaporeans alike. Yam cake is a delicious, satisfying treat.
Now just add your favourite toppings for that extra oomph! Taro cake (traditional Chinese: 芋頭糕; simplified Chinese: 芋头糕; pinyin: yùtóu gāo; Cantonese Yale: wuhtáu gōu) is a Chinese dish made from the vegetable taro. While it is denser in texture than radish cakes, both these savory cakes made in a similar ways, with rice flour as the main ingredient. You can have Yam Cake | Taro Cake | 芋頭糕 using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yam Cake | Taro Cake | 芋頭糕
- It’s 50 g of Dried Shrimp,.
- You need 8 of Dried Chinese Black Mushroom,.
- It’s 50 g of Dried Scallops,.
- Prepare 100 ml of Canola / Vegetable / Peanut Oil, For Frying About.
- You need 1 of Red Onion Finely Sliced Into Rings,.
- It’s 500 g of Yam / Taro Peeled Finely Diced,.
- You need of Chinese 5 Spice, 1 TSP.
- It’s Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- You need Pinch of White Pepper,.
- You need 1 TBSP of Light Soy Sauce,.
- You need 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- It’s 200 g of Rice Flour,.
- You need 1/2 TBSP of Sriracha,.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of Kecap Manis,.
- Prepare 1 Handful of Scallions / Green Onions Finely Sliced,.
- Prepare 1 Handful of Red Chili Deseeded Finely Sliced,.
The yam cake definitely tastes much better after it is pan-fried which is what I liked as always. Here's a little tip should you need to cut the yam cake even before it has cooled down. You can dip the knife in some very hot water entirely, wipe it clean and slice it through. Yam Cake Recipe (Or Kuih) Yam Cake Recipe (Or Kuih) recipe – This is basically a steamed cake made from yam pieces, dried prawns and rice flour.
Yam Cake | Taro Cake | 芋頭糕 step by step
- Divide the water equally into 2 separate bowls. Soak dried shrimps and mushrooms in the water for at last 30 mins. Prepare a steamer. Transfer the dried scallops into a heat proof bowl.
- Steam for at least 15 to 20 mins or until the scallops are fork tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool down. Remove the dried shrimps and mushrooms from water. *Do not discard the water as it is needed at a later stage.*.
- Finely chop the dried shrimps and set aside. Finely dice the mushrooms and set aside. Once the scallops are cooled, tear the scallops into shreds using your hands and set aside. In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, add the oil.
- To check if the temperature of the oil is ready, place a wooden chopstick into the oil. If bubbles start to form, the temperature is ready for frying.* Add in the onion rings. As soon as the onion rings start to turn golden brown, remove from heat and transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper and set aside.
- Add the yam into the same skillet (with the remaining oil). Saute until the yam starts to soften. Remove from heat and transfer into a large mixing bowl. Season with Chinese 5 spice, salt and pepper.
- Still using the same skillet with the remaining oil, add in the dried shrimps, mushrooms and scallops. Stir to combine well. Add in light soy sauce and garlic. Saute until aromatic.
- Transfer into the bowl together with the yam. Add in half of the fried onions. Mix to combine well. Add the water stock (from soaking the dried shrimps and mushrooms) into a pot over a medium heat.
- Gradually, sieve in the rice flour while whisking to combine. Stir to combine well and cook until the batter thickens. Add in the yam mixture. Stir to combine well.
- Lightly grease the cake pan with oil. Transfer the mixture into the cake pan. Prepare a steamer. Steam for at least 45 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool down completely before slicing and serving, at least 1 hr. Mix sriracha with kecap manis in a small dipping saucer. Serve with scallions, red chili, the remaining fried onion and the sriracha dipping sauce.
It is then topped with deep fried shallots, spring onions, chillis and dried prawns, and usually served with a chilli dipping sauce.