Turkey veggie soup. Clark d Chef warming up the kitchen with chicken broth, peas, corn, carrots, baby spinach, diced jalapeno, onions, bell peppers, and turkey breast. When Thanksgiving comes to our home, it's a joyous time of celebration in giving thanks for all of the blessings the Lord has been. A quick and easy hearty soup.
I've made a few variations on this depending on the veggies we have on had. One day I added okra, another peppers, it pretty much works with anything and for the. A hearty soup made with ground turkey, added vegetables, tomato, beans and spices. You can have Turkey veggie soup using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey veggie soup
- Prepare 2 of zucchini sliced and halved.
- You need 2 of yellow squash sliced and halved.
- Prepare 1 of small onion chopped.
- You need 2 of handfuls baby carrots chopped.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves chopped.
- Prepare 3 of celery stalks chopped.
- You need 1 of can black beans.
- It’s 1 of can italian diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of split green peas (softened).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown rice.
- You need 4 cup of vegetable broth.
- It’s 3 cup of V8.
- It’s 1 tbsp of italian seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare of kosher salt fresh ground pepper.
- You need 1 lb of ground turkey meatballs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Nutritional information and Weight Watchers Points included. This easy Turkey Chili Taco Soup is one of my favorite soups for lunch or dinner! The most this soup will ask of you is chopping vegetables and dicing or shredding the leftover turkey. Store the diced veggies in a zip-top bag in the fridge until you're ready to simmer your soup.
Turkey veggie soup step by step
- First chop up all the veggies. Use a large pot and put a couple tablespoons olive oil in it. Add carrots celery onion and garlic first. After about 5minutes add squash zucchini black beans and diced tomatoes. Add your green peas and the brown rice. Heat should be on medium.
- Next add your vegetable broth. Keep on medium and put the lid on. Wait about an hour. In the meantime you can make your turkey meatballs.
- Mix turkey bread crumbs egg salt and pepper. Heat skillet on medium heat. Form very small balls and cook about 5-7 min until done. Add to soup.
- At this point your soup may start to get pretty thick. You can add the V8 to thin it out. Or use more broth if you wish. I just had V8 so I decided to try it. Just add your spices salt and pepper as it cooks. May need to add more depending on how strong you like them.
- Let simmer for another hour or so. Until the green peas are completely soft.
- When done sprinkle with parmesan cheese or cheese of your choice and enjoy.
This soup is especially good on cold winter nights when it's snowing.which happens a lot where I live! This homemade leftover turkey soup recipe is the perfect way to reinvent leftovers once they get boring. Your body will thank you as well for a meal with bone broth and veggies after all the holiday. It's a frozen turkey that requires no thawing! Make holidays easier with OVEN READY™ Whole Turkey sealed in a cooking bag.