Easy fish pie. Fish pie is a real homecoming meal. James Martin's easy recipe is simple and satisfying, with salmon, hard-boiled eggs and a dash of cream. A simple fish pie that's quick to prepare and super tasty too.
Visit the Waitrose & Partners website for more Beautifully Simple Spoon the crème fraîche into a medium saucepan. If you're after an easy fish pie recipe, you can't really go wrong with our gorgeous version. Super easy to bake, and on the table in less than an hour, it's the ultimate dinner dish. You can cook Easy fish pie using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy fish pie
- You need 2 of fillets of salmon, boneless and skinless.
- Prepare 4 of sweet potatoes.
- You need of Some brocoli.
- Prepare 1 of small lemon.
- It’s 1 piece of cheese (I used goats cheese but brie, camambert or blue would work just as well).
- Prepare 1 of knob of butter.
- You need 1 of slosh of milk.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Try these fish pie recipes today – we have an easy fish pie for the family, a light and healthy fish pie, an indulgently creamy fish pie and more. Create a delicious fish pie sauce, try a different fish pie. Although this doesn't have a dairy-based white sauce like a traditional fish pie, it retains many of the same comforting qualities and is a lot easier to make. A Fish Pie fit for a king!
Easy fish pie step by step
- Put the sweet potatoes in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Or you can peel and boil them. Put the salmon in the steamer.
- Wash the brocoli anf add to the pan with the lemon sliced in 2.
- Cover and steam for 10 minutes.
- Put the salmon and brocoli in an oven dish.
- Break up the cheese and add to the dish.
- When the sweet potatoes are soft peel them. Don't turn the oven off!!.
- Put some.butter in a large bowl, add the sweet potatoes and a slosh of milk and mash with a fork.
- Add the mash to the oven dish and put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Switch to the grill for 5 more minutes.
Flakes of fish smothered in a creamy sauce, topped with mashed potato and a crunchy golden top. Use both smoked and unsmoked fish for best results – and it's economical! This delicious fish pie is so easy to make, especially with a homemade creamy sauce and your fish of choice. Easy to prepare and super filling! This easy fish pie is a great-value filling family meal and tastes delicious too.