Okra With Otak Otak. See great recipes for Simple Fried Okra, Okra With Otak Otak too! Okra With Otak Otak MIX AND MATCH FAVORITE INGREDIENT AND THIS IS MY FUSION DELICOUS COMBO SIDE DISH. See great recipes for Okra With Otak Otak, Otak Otak Noodle Soup too!
See great recipes for Okra With Szechuan Peppercorn Salt too! Otak otak or sometimes called otah otah normaly using fish for the main Ingrediants but in this food i use chicken meat and shrimp. This is amazing flavor of homemade otak-otak grilled in banana leaves and served with peanut sauce. You can have Okra With Otak Otak using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Okra With Otak Otak
- It’s 20 small of okra.
- You need 3 tbsp of dice garlic.
- It’s 3 tbsp of dice shallot.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of boiling water.
- Prepare 3 small of bird eye chili.
- You need of FISH /PRAWN PASTE.
- It’s 1 packages of store bought of otak otak.
Kangkung (Water Spinach) / Sayur Keledek (Sweet Potato Leaves) / Kacang Botol (Four-Angled Bean) / Bendi (Okra). Otak-otak Stim (Steam Spicy Fish Paste) Fish paste marinated with spices and coconut milk. We ordered Otak Otak, Chicken Rendang, stir fry okra and asam fish. I am very impressed with the otak otak the fish was very fresh the ingredients are freshly made.
Okra With Otak Otak step by step
- QUICK BLANCH OKRA IN BOILING WATER WITH SALT FOR 3 MINUTES THEN DRAIN AND SET ASIDE.
- STEAM OTAK OTAK FOR 15 MINUTES THEN MASH IT UP WITH A FORK.
- With oil sauté garlic and shallot with cooked mashed otak otak till fragrant then add water and light soy sauce.
- Add blanch okra and stir fry to mix well and off heat.
The chicken rendang was very tasty as well. The asam fish was my least favorite as the fish is not very fresh to my liking. I will have have the otak otak any day as it's super tasty. The mere mention of otak-otak and the visual picture of perfectly steamed and moist fish custard wrapped with banana leaves often sets my mouthwatering. Otak-otak is a classic Nyonya dish—brightly flavored with various aromatic herbs, exotic spices, and infused with the sweet fragrance of rich coconut milk.