Thai Firecracker Shrimp. This Thai Firecracker Shrimp recipe has marinated shrimp wrapped in egg roll wrappers and then fried until golden brown and crispy served with a pad thai sauce for dipping. An awesome appetizer that's so easy to make! Why This Thai Firecracker Shrimp Recipe Is So Good.
But having trashed the original Thai firecracker shrimp post because the visuals sucked, I thought of redoing it instead because the recipe really deserves to be out there. Crispy on the outside, full of flavor and succulent and juicy on the inside….these Spicy Firecracker Shrimp would make a very sophisticated and elegant party appetizer. A great dipping sauce to serve them with is my Sweet & Spicy Chili Sauce (Thai Style), and if you're thinking of just buying that at the store…. You can have Thai Firecracker Shrimp using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Firecracker Shrimp
- It’s 1 package of frozen Asian Spring roll wrappers defrosting, cut in half diagonally make triangles.
- Prepare 1 pound of raw tail shrimp.
- It’s 3 tbs of prepared Pad Thai sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of + 1 tsp cornstarch in small bowl whisked.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted shelled roasted peanuts.
- It’s Handful of fresh chopped basil.
- You need 3 cups of Cooking oil for frying about.
I promise you if you try my. I recently came across a recipe for Thai Firecracker Shrimp that looked super yummy and easy to make. Thai Firecracker Shrimp Party Appetizer is a deliciously marinated shrimp with the tail on, bundled in a spring roll wrapper and pan fried until golden. Served with a Prik Nam Pla dipping sauce.
Thai Firecracker Shrimp step by step
- Shell the shrimp leaving the tail on. Pat the shrimp very dry with a towel or paper towels. With a small knife,make three shallow, parallel slits along the inside curve of the shrimp, just nicking the shrimp in place to straighten out the shrimp in to place.(this will help keep shrimp straight while frying).
- Line up the shrimp on a plate, tails all facing one way, marinate the shrimp, without the tails getting wet. Spoon the Pad Thai sauce over the shrimp. Let marinate for a few minutes.
- In the meantime prepare to wrap and roll shrimp. Cover the defrosting spring roll wrappers with a damp towel. Have your water + cornstarch ready. When dry place shrimp on the wrapper, add a sprinkle of basil and peanuts and roll the shrimp up in the wrapper. Keep wrapped firecrackers under plastic wrap while wrapping the rest to prevent drying.
- When ready to cook,heat oil in Wok, deep fryer, or pot to 350F and brush with egg wash or oil.
STEP BY STEP PHOTOS and VIDEO Included. By combining buffalo wing sauce and sweet Thai chili sauce, you get a pretty darn close version of firecracker sauce. And hey, sometimes we need a bit of simplicity in our lives, right?! Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel. Wrap each shrimp in a eggroll/springroll wrapper half.