Refrigerator Staple – Simple Celery Stir Fry. Serve your stir-fry on a bed of fluffy rice, and douse at will with Sriracha, tamari, toasted sesame oil or all three. This is one of our favorite recipes sent in by Jackie Hannahs of Cedar Springs, Michigan. Later, we'll share ideas for making a stir-fry your own, including ideas for variations.
Of course, there are some staples that always make their way in there, and some rules to follow – loosely. I don't always make them all in the same day (as a matter of fact, I usually don't) but having this base makes it easier to streamline other meal ideas. In a large wok or cast-iron pan, heat the oil over medium-high until shimmering. You can have Refrigerator Staple – Simple Celery Stir Fry using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Refrigerator Staple – Simple Celery Stir Fry
- Prepare 2 of Celery (use the leaves as well).
- It’s 10 grams of Jako fish (pink shrimp also OK).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Vegetable oil (olive oil also OK).
- It’s 1 tsp of Tasty soy sauce (ponzu is also OK).
- You need 1 of Bonito flakes, sesame seeds (topping).
The following list is broken down into pantry, fridge, and freezer staples for each food group. Pantry Staples These foods are usually in cans, jars or packets and can be used as the basis for many simple meals. Add the water, reserved beef, carrots, and onions, and any juices and stir to combine. Whisk the sauce again to recombine and dissolve the cornstarch, then add to the pan.
Refrigerator Staple – Simple Celery Stir Fry step by step
- Thinly slice the celery stalks diagonally, and roughly chop up the leaves.
- Heat vegetable oil in the frying pan, and cook the jako fish on high heat. Once the jako has absorbed the oil, add the celery stalks.
- When the white part of the celery stalks have become half-translucent, reduce to medium heat and drizzle soy sauce from the sides of the pan. Cook lightly, being careful not to burn.
- Add celery leaves, mix from the bottom up once, and stop the heat.
- And it's complete. Topping with bonito flakes or sesame seeds is also delicious. Please enjoy this soothing Japanese celery stir fry.
- This is the soy sauce we use at home.
- Taking into account the saltiness of the jako fish, I don't use that much soy sauce. Please adjust to your liking.
ON THE SMARTEST ADDITION TO A STIR-FRY. Celery has a very strong flavor (think about its effect in chicken stock) that makes it a staple of Chinese cooking. Use a spoon to scrape off the skin. Then cut a thin slice off one side so it sits flat on the cutting board and you're not fighting a ball as you slice it. ON SOY SAUCE For this recipe for beef stir fry, I slice onion, green peppers and celery, but I shred the carrots.