Salmon with Coconut Milk and Lime Sauce. Season the salmon with ½ teaspoon salt. When oil is hot but not smoking, add salmon skin side up. Poached Salmon made exotic with a simple, amazing Coconut Lime Sauce!!
It's incredible what a difference it makes! Poached fish has a bad reputation. special salmon in coconut milk sauce You can cook Salmon with Coconut Milk and Lime Sauce using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon with Coconut Milk and Lime Sauce
- It’s 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh Lime juic.
- You need 4 teaspoons of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of Fish sauce (don't skip this one, it's essential and sauce will not be fishy either!).
- You need 4 teaspoons of honey.
- Prepare 4 of Salmon fillets, 6-8 ounces each.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan, combine sour cream, cream of coconut, lime zest and juice; cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended. Drizzle fillets with sauce; sprinkle with coconut. This one-skillet salmon dish is made with Thai spices, onions, garlic, ginger, julienned bell peppers, carrots, zucchini and coconut milk. To finish this most flavourful creamy sauce, add some fresh lime juice and fresh herbs such as cilantro, Thai basil and or fresh mint.
Salmon with Coconut Milk and Lime Sauce step by step
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a sauce pan and using medium heat, reduce to 1/3 of a cup, about 7-8 minutes.
- Cook the Salmon in the olive oil over medium heat till done (3 minutes per side).
- Spoon the sauce over the fish and the salmon and serve.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the coconut milk, oregano, lime juice, zest, and cornstarch, until well combined. Combine Salmon with Sauce: Pour the coconut milk mixture into the pan and lower the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drain, allow to cool, and chop finely. Cut the salmon into a small dice.