Salmon Tartare. Place the salmon in a mixing bowl and add the lime juice, shallots, olive oil, dill, capers, two mustards, salt, and pepper. Salmon tartare is a delicious yet simple way to enjoy raw fish with simple herbs and lemon juice. Just make sure to use the freshest fish you can find.
RICARDO. we went to iga and asked for fresh salmon for this receipe. i was advised that for tartare, you always take fresh frozen salmon because the extreme temps kill of the harmful bacterias. he refered me to the frozen section and showed me a pre-prepared frozen pakage, all ready cut for tartare. hesitant to think it was the fresh i was looking for! it . Set aside or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Slice cucumber into very thin (almost transparent) rounds and set aside. You can have Salmon Tartare using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salmon Tartare
- You need 8 oz of boneless, skinless salmon fillet (sushi grade).
- You need 1/4 cup of finely diced cucumber.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 1.1 of /2 tsp minced chives.
- Prepare 1.1 of /2 tsp minced cilantro.
- You need 1.1 of /2 tsp vegetable or olive oil.
- You need 1.1 of /2 tsp minced, seeded jalapeno.
- It’s 1.1 of /2 tsp minced shallot.
- You need 3/4 tsp of minced ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of lime zest.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
I bought the salmon for this tartare at a fish market, but have also made it many times with salmon from the fish counter of my regular grocery store. I would make this recipe again. I was more generous with the shallots and it was very flavourful. To prepare the tartare, mix the salmon in a bowl with the parsley, remaining coriander stalks, red onion, mustard, lemon juice and olive oil.
Salmon Tartare instructions
- Place salmon on a plate and freeze for 20 minutes until firm.
- Cut salmon into 1/8 cubes and place into a bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with chips.
Season to taste, mix well and keep covered in the fridge until required Salmon tartare is like a classic steak tartare and a seafood ceviche combined. It's full of fresh raw salmon, herbs, and zesty lime juice. It's perfect alongside your favorite brunch staples or as a delicious appetizer for a dinner party. This recipe requires no cooking, so it's best to choose the freshest and best quality ingredients. Salmon tartare, however, is a gift with a wink.