Salmon Mac N Cheese. The salmon makes such a great addition to mac n cheese. I made a smaller batch (about half – kind of eyeballed quantities) and only used frozen peas as I had no other suitable veggies on hand. Place butter, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
In a blender combine cream, mustard and cream cheese, season with a pinch salt and pepper. When the air starts to turn chilly, we seek out comfort foods – and nothing says "comfort" quite like Mac & Cheese. My version includes a little more 'good for you food' with the salmon addition – all baked in a Camp Chef cast iron skillet. You can have Salmon Mac N Cheese using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon Mac N Cheese
- You need 1 lb of elbow macaroni.
- You need 1 can of 15oz pink salmon, drained and flaked into small pieces.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of dry onion powder.
- It’s of Cheese Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of AP flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 3 clove of finely minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of finely chopped parsley ( I use the frozen cubes sold in stores).
- It’s 3 cup of cold milk (I used almond milk).
- It’s 1/3 cup of ricotta cheese.
- You need 3/4 cup of Shredded Cheddar.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare of Topping.
- It’s 1/2 cup of seasoned panko.
- You need 1/4 cup of Melted butter.or more.
The Best Salmon Macaroni Cheese Recipes on Yummly Macaroni And Blue Cheese With Salmon, Asparagus And Tomatoes, Smoked Salmon Mac And Cheese, Salmon And Broccoli Casserole Easy peasy mac 'n' cheesy! Give the classic mac 'n' cheese an upgrade with canned salmon, silverbeet and lemon thyme crumbs (RECIPE BELOW) – a delicious weeknight meal for the whole family. Canned salmon, tomatoes and onion transform a macaroni and cheese dinner into an easy and delicious main dish.
Salmon Mac N Cheese instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl combine salmon and dry onion powder and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan with salted water untill al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, melt the butter in a medium saucepan along with the garlic and parsley. When butter starts to foam add the flour and mix for about a minute.
- add the milk and constantly stir untill thickens, about 5 minutes at medium/high heat. You don't want it to boil.
- When the sauce starts to thicken turn off heat and add the cheeses. Mixing untill smooth.
- Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Place drained pasta in a large casserole dish. Add seasoned salmon, mix well. Then add the cheese sauce and mix together.
- Combine melted butter with the seasoned panko. Sprinkle some extra cheese on top and then the panko mix, covering evenly.
- Place in the middle of a 425°F oven untill golden brown and bubbling.
Canned salmon, tomatoes and onion transform a macaroni and cheese dinner into an easy and delicious main dish. Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Stir in the soup, milk, salmon, onion and cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with bread crumbs; dot with butter. Combine the sauce, reserved macaroni, cheeses, salmon, and eggs in a large bowl; stir well.