Spicy Dried Shrimp / Hae Bee Hiam. Been contemplating for very long whether to make this Hae Bee Hiam! It is not difficult to make, just that I need more free time for the whole process. Glad that I've attempted this, it tasted simply irresistible, even my son been asking to sprinkle over his rice/porridge every other day!
I use my base home-made sambal belacan (pictured below) and stir fry it with chopped dried shrimps, shallots and. Dried Shrimp Spicy Sambal or, better known as Hae Bee Hiam, is a popular condiment that Asians love! The explosive flavours of the savoury fried Anne is a veteran home cook who is very particular when it comes to making her very own Hae Bee Hiam. You can have Spicy Dried Shrimp / Hae Bee Hiam using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Dried Shrimp / Hae Bee Hiam
- It’s of simple chili paste or any sambal oelek.
- It’s 5 of fresh red chili.
- It’s 5 small of shallot.
- You need 5 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of thumb size ginger.
- You need of BAKE RICE OPTIONAL.
- Prepare 2 cup of cooked white rice.
- It’s of Spicy Shrimp /Hea Bee Hiam.
- It’s 2 of dice onion.
- Prepare 2 cup of dry shrimp.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- You need 1 of lime juice.
To achieve a consistent fluffy texture and the. I first learnt about Hae Bee Hiam cookie from a dear friend WH last CNY; he told me that it's very yummy and addictive. Was quite curious about the taste since I like salty sweet type of cookies and so when I chanced upon The Cookie Museum's stall. Apart from baking and cooking classes, I have been having loads of fun collaborating with great brands such as Harvey Norman Singapore to bring you a series of cooking videos in which I show you how you can very easily whip up some yummy meals at home!
Spicy Dried Shrimp / Hae Bee Hiam step by step
- SIMPLE CHILI PASTE ,put all ingredient into a pounder till smooth paste set aside.
- soak dried shrimp /dried pran / hae bee for 5 minute then drain and pound dry shrimp then set aside.
- in pan with oil brown dry shrimp and onion for about 3 minute in low heat stirring to prevent burn then add 1 tsp of chili paste with 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and lime juice mix well.
- stir fry for another 1 minute till crispy then drain on paper towel.
- BAKE SPICY DRY SHRIMP RICE.
- add 5 tbsp of cooked spicy dry shrimp onto cooked white rice in rice cooker and bake for another 1 minute.
- NELOW ARE FEW DRIED SHRIMP / DRIED PRAWN / HAE BEE RECIPE ,I AM GLAD TO SHARE WITH YOU.
Hae Bee Hiam (Spicy Dried Shrimp Sambal). Also known as Spicy Dried Shrimps, this dish is well known to be a spice in many dishes. The aroma and flavour of the shrimps can make you wow! Cut and peel garlic, shallots and chillies into smaller pieces. Add some water, allowing to blend better.