Burmese vegan tofu stir fried. Sub crispy tofu for the chicken and keep it vegan! A few girlfriends and I went to San Fransisco on a little weekend getaway. Being the amazing food city it is.we pretty much ate the entire time.
Gluten Free is you use GF. Transfer the tofu and veggies into a plate. Carefully, place a few pieces of the floured Burmese tofu in the oil. You can cook Burmese vegan tofu stir fried using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Burmese vegan tofu stir fried
- You need 1/2 cup of besan.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Turmeric.
- Prepare 7-8 cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Onion salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Corn flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
Leave enough space around the pieces to turn them over later. Remove the tofu from the skillet and set aside. Home » Vegan Recipes » Burmese Chickpea Tofu recipe vegan + dairy free + gluten free. The hardest part is waiting for the Burmese tofu to set up and then roast.
Burmese vegan tofu stir fried step by step
- Mix turmeric and salt in besan.
- Add 1 cup water to besan and mix it nicely.
- Boil rest water in sauce pan and add the besan mix.
- Stir it continuously till it starts forming thin paper consistency at the edges.
- Once cooked add it to a greased box or plate. Maintain thick consistency.
- Rest it for 2-3 hour and cut it into desired shapes.
- Mix onion salt to cornflour. Coat the tofu pieces with corn flour.
- In a pan add oil and garlic paste.
- Pan fry the cornflour coated tofu in the garlic oil. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serve it with schewan and red chilli sauce.
You could easily make the Burmese tofu the night before, then it's ready to bake while you cook the vegetables the next day. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. Burmese Tofu with Cilantro Lime Stir Fried Vegetables. The resulting tofu will be firmer and easier to handle. A tofu-veggie stir fry made tasty with a simple technique that gives the tofu perfect texture and flavor.