Asiago chicken sausage and peppers with rice skillet. One-Skillet Italian Sausage and Peppers with Onions. My family is all about flavor and just cares Rather than yet another chicken and rice dish, I swapped out the chicken and instead used Johnsonville Fresh Italian Hot Sausage Links. Chicken, Sausage and Rice Skillet. by Natalie.
Let the rice cook until it turns bright white. The Best Asiago Chicken Sausage Recipes on Yummly Stir in broth, water and pepper flakes; bring to a boil. You can cook Asiago chicken sausage and peppers with rice skillet using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Asiago chicken sausage and peppers with rice skillet
- It’s 1 pack of Costco chicken Asiago garlic chicken (it’s precooked but I brown it in the oven).
- You need 1 of large onion chopped.
- You need 1 of red pepper and 1 yellow pepper chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 3/4 cups of par-boiled rice.
- Prepare 1 of small can tomato paste.
- It’s 1/3 cup of lite cream.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Adobo seasoning.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 bag of low fat shredded cheese (optional cause the sausage had cheese in already).
I used a tricolored couscous by Bob Red Mill and a roasted pepper and Asiago chicken sausage. I used chicken sausage with red and green peppers and added fresh spinach after the couscous. Enjoy your sausage and peppers on a toasted. Cauliflower rice is the newest way to enjoy cauliflower, and it becomes the star of the show in this dish which also features zucchini and chicken sausage.
Asiago chicken sausage and peppers with rice skillet instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a deep oven safe pot with Pam and brown the chicken sausage in it for 30 min.
- Let it cool then place in fridge cause if you cut even at room temp the CHEESE WILL OOZE OUT!.
- Chop up onions and garlic and place in pot that has the juices from the sausage in it. Add seasonings. Sauté til clear then add garlic and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice and reduce to a simmer. Once rice is almost done add paste and sausage and lite cream. Add cheese if you want too.
Smoked Sausage, sweet peppers and rice are all cooked together in one pan to create a savory skillet meal. One pan cooking equals less clean up! One Pan Meals are quick and easy, and this One Pan Smoked Sausage and Rice Skillet is at the top of my list of favorites! This is a great recipe, it has such great flavor! I used instant rice and it cut the cooking time down incredibly!