Butternut and coconut soup. A soul-warming, flavorful soup that's perfect for fall and I've made a butternut squash soup before that was inspired by Tom Kha Gai. I've also made a Sweet Potato Coconut Curry Soup, which is on the spicier. Jeanette Peabody, the chef at Hamiltons' at First & Main in Charlottesville, Virginia, makes this luscious, slightly sweet soup with butternut squash from Dave Matthews's Best of What's Around and coconut milk instead of heavy cream.
If a soup with deeper flavors is desired, try using roasted carrot, roasted garlic, and a roasted chili pepper (in place of raw) along with the squash. This Thai-style butternut squash soup made with coconut milk is soothing and flavorful, and the heat from the ginger and spices will warm you right up. Stir in the coconut milk, lime juice, and salt; bring to a simmer but do not boil. You can cook Butternut and coconut soup using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut and coconut soup
- Prepare 1/2 of Butternut.
- You need 2 of potatoes.
- It’s 1 pinch of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of coconut cream.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
Taste and adjust seasonings, adding the remaining tablespoon of curry. This soup uses a whole butternut squash, but if you don't like chopping up squashes, the supermarkets do packs of ready chopped squash in the My perfect autumn/winter Sunday evening meal involves a warming pot of this Butternut Squash, Chilli and Coconut Milk Soup bubbling on the. This warming soup takes the traditional taste of the squash and enhances the flavour by merging it with curry and using the delicious sweetness of the coconut to offset some of the spice. They can really revolutionize a kitchen.
Butternut and coconut soup step by step
- Peel butternut and cut into small cubes.
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
- In a pan heat the oil, add the onions and garlic and cook till soft (but not brown) and the cummin seeds.
- Add the potatoes and butternut and the coconut milk. Add salt and 1½ glasses of warm water. Cover and let it cook till the potatoes are soft..
- Turn off the heat. Allow it to cool and blend till smooth.you can add warm water till you achieve desired thickness.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with coriander leaves (I didn't have that today though).
Health Benefits – Easy Curried Butternut Squash and Coconut Soup. All the comfort of fall in just a few minutes. Thai red chili paste adds a touch of spice and toasty flavor. Sweet roasted butternut squash tempers the heat of fresh ginger in this vegan soup. Coconut milk is swirled in for creaminess, while toasted squash seeds add a pleasing crunch.