Shrimp in Black bean sauce. Combine sauce ingredients and set aside. Add garlic oil and coat the wok. When a wisp of white smoke appears, add garlic and black beans.
This easy recipe calls for black bean sauce with garlic, available in Chinese/Asian markets and many local supermarkets. It is especially delicious over your favorite rice. You could even try making some fried rice! You can have Shrimp in Black bean sauce using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp in Black bean sauce
- Prepare 1/2 lb of Shrimp. I used uncooked jumbo shrimp.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Black bean and Garlic sauce.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt and Black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Granulated Sugar.
- You need 1/2 of Yellow Onion diced.
- It’s 1 stalk of Spring green onion chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive or vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of Bell Peppers.
Shrimp in Black Bean Sauce is a quick and easy to prep yet packs big, bold flavors. With shrimps cooked in a spicy, garlicky black bean sauce, it's an adventure for the tastebuds! This shrimp in black bean sauce was inspired by this tilapia dish which happens to be one of my favorite recipes on the blog. In a wok, heat the peanut oil until shimmering.
Shrimp in Black bean sauce instructions
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper, Heat oil in a heavy bottom skillet and stir fry the shrimp for 30 second then remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add onions and cook until they start to caramelize.
- Add black bean sauce, sugar and soy sauce sauce and let cook for a minute.
- Mix corn starch into enough water to dissolve it and pure it into the black bean sauce.
- Add you chopped bell peppers and shrimp that was set a side and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve over Jasmine rice or your choice of noodles.
Return the shrimp to the pan. Bring it to a boil over high heat and add the shrimp. Combine sauce ingredients and set aside. When the oil starts to smoke, add the garlic, ginger, jalapeños, red and green. Stir Fry Shrimps in Salted Black Beans Sauce: Authentic Cantonese cooking.