Lemongrass Tofu Stir-fry (Vegan/Vegetarian/Low Carb). Vegetarians can never have too many vegetable stir-fry ideas! This recipe calls for tofu, plenty of vegetables, and lemongrass for a Thai flavor. This particular vegan stir fry recipe has an almond butter sauce and an awesome low-carb noodle that I've been loving the past year!
Reduce the heat to low and add in the soy sauce, maple syrup and sesame oil. Add in the cooked tofu and gently toss the tofu until it is well coated in the lemongrass mixture. If you're vegetarian or vegan, skip the fish sauce and replace it with more soy sauce. You can have Lemongrass Tofu Stir-fry (Vegan/Vegetarian/Low Carb) using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemongrass Tofu Stir-fry (Vegan/Vegetarian/Low Carb)
- You need 250 gms of Konjac Noodles (prepared as per packet instructions).
- Prepare 300 gms of Firm Tofu.
- You need 40 mls of Vegetable Stock.
- It’s 2 tbs of Light Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbs of Canola Oil.
- You need 2 of Garlic Cloves (crushed).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ginger (grated).
- It’s 2 Stalks of Lemongrass (grated).
- You need 1 of Medium Red Onion.
- Prepare 300 gms of Broccoli/Broccolini.
- Prepare 150 gms of Pak Choy/Bok Choy.
- It’s 120 gms of Bean Shoots.
- You need 2 Stalks of Green Onion (Spring Onion).
- You need 1 of Small Red Hot Chili.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame Seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Sesame Oil.
Aromatic lemongrass, salty fish sauce, and fiery Thai red chiles combine with tender tofu for a gorgeously My boyfriend is a huge fan of homemade stir fries and tofu. Vegan- please see video for recipe. This recipe is also for regular diet. Just substitute monkfruit sweetener with sugar for the same measurements.
Lemongrass Tofu Stir-fry (Vegan/Vegetarian/Low Carb) instructions
- Heat oils in a wok and add garlic, ginger, lemongrass and red onion and stir-fry until soft.
- Add tofu, broccoli and, stir fry until tender and tofu is golden brown.
- Add the soy sauce, vegetable stock, bok choy. Stir fry until bok choy has wilted.
- Add bean sprouts, green onion, hot chili, and noodles, toss together and serve.
- Sprinkle with Sesame Seeds.
It's so flavorful, high in protein, and much healthier than Chinese takeout. Lemongrass tofu is one of my favourite ways to enjoy tofu. My mom will make this dish anytime I come home to visit with some frozen tofu she's had in Add garlic, chopped lemongrass and red chilli flakes, and stir until the lemongrass looks "melted". Add the tofu and soy sauce and stir fry, mixing. Vegan Stir-Fried Garlic Tofu and Eggplant.