Smoked penne and shrimp in pesto sauce. Pre-peeled shrimp, frozen peas, and store-bought pesto makes this flavorful pasta come together in minutes. Instead of buying the jarred, shelf-stable version, choose the kind found in the refrigerator case (we like Bear Pond Farm Premium Basil Pesto). It tastes fresher and more like homemade.
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Meanwhile, make pesto: In a small food processor fitted with a metal blade. See great recipes for Penne Pasta with Shrimps, fire roasted red peppers, sautéed onions, corn in Avacado Lime Pesto Sauce too! You can have Smoked penne and shrimp in pesto sauce using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoked penne and shrimp in pesto sauce
- It’s 200 gm of penne pasta.
- You need 200 gm of prawn.
- It’s 50 gm of fresh basil.
- You need 50 gm of parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Peppercorn.
- Prepare of Chilli flakes.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce.
- Prepare 50 gm of fresh cream.
When it starts spluttering, add the pesto. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic until onion is transparent and mushrooms are tender. Spicy shrimp pasta in garlic tomato cream sauce – shrimp seared in olive oil with crushed red pepper, paprika, and salt, then smothered in a spicy cream sauce made with chopped onions, minced garlic, crushed tomatoes, and cream.
Smoked penne and shrimp in pesto sauce step by step
- Boil penne with a little salt.
- Marinade prawn with salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce. Then fry and keep aside.
- Blend basil, fresh cream, garlic clove, black peppercorn and parmesan cheese to a smooth green paste. Your pesto sauce is ready.
- Heat oil. Add whole black peppercorn. When it starts spluttering, add the pesto. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add fried prawns. Continue cooking for another couple of minutes.
- Add the pasta. Mix well. Add crushed black pepper and chilli flakes from the top. Serve hot!.
Pesto shrimp mushroom pasta – basil pesto and mushrooms taste great with shrimp! Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour into serving dish or divide among individual bowls. This recipe from Sunset uses only one pan. The secret is to use frozen cooked shrimp and prepared pesto.