Sticky Salmon & Broccoli Stir-fry. Sticky Asian-style salmon with broccoli, quick pickled cucumber & rice "An epic yet simple combo of sweet sticky fish, rice and veg, for two lucky people. The noodles are sweet, salty, sour and just a little spicy. Meanwhile, transfer the marinade to a pan, bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes until thick and syrupy.
It is perfectly safe to cook frozen salmon. The key to cooking frozen salmon is to start the cooking process with foil over the salmon then remove it for the end of the baking time. Marinating salmon in a sweet & sticky sauce will add bags of flavour. You can have Sticky Salmon & Broccoli Stir-fry using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sticky Salmon & Broccoli Stir-fry
- Prepare 2 of salmon fillets.
- Prepare 1/2 of lime, juiced.
- You need 50 g of salted peanuts, slightly crushed.
- You need 1 bunch of fresh coriander.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1 head of broccoli, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds (optional).
- You need of Egg noodles, 2 nests.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
Serve on a bed of fluffy white rice with veggies. Serve the sweet and sticky salmon skewers with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds. Pan fried and served with a sweet and sticky honey lemon glaze. I've got the perfect dinner idea for a busy weeknight: Honey Garlic Salmon.
Sticky Salmon & Broccoli Stir-fry step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a bowl, lightly crush the peanuts and add a handful of chopped coriander. Mix together and set aside for later.
- In a bowl, mix together the soy, honey, sweet chilli sauce and lime juice.
- Add the chopped broccoli to a roasting tin and drizzle over the sesame oil, with some salt and pepper. Add the salmon fillets on top of the brocolli and brush half of the sauce mixture over the top of the salmon. Place in the oven covered with foil for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the foil and cook for a further 7 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles accordingly to packet instructions.
- Remove the salmon and broccoli from oven and shred the salmon with 2 forks, mixing everything together in its juices. Add the cooked egg noodles, the remaining sauce, and the crushed peanut and coriander mix.
- Taste and add more soy sauce if necessary. Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy!.
Meanwhile, heat the grill to high and place the salmon fillet, skin-side up, on a baking tray lined with foil. Heat barbeque to medium and lightly oil. Spray with oil and sprinkle with dried oregano. Just before the salmon is ready, stir the strips of egg and spring onion into the rice and heat through. Remove the salmon from the baking tin and serve with rice.