Vegan Southwestern Egg Rolls.
You can have Vegan Southwestern Egg Rolls using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Southwestern Egg Rolls
- It’s 1 tbsp of canola oil.
- You need 1/2 large of red bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 2 of green onions, diced ( white and green parts).
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno, diced.
- Prepare 1 can of corn, drained (11 oz).
- You need 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed (15 oz).
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh spinach, choppef.
- You need 3 tbsp of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 8 of whole wheat tortillas.
- It’s 1 of canola oil for frying.
Vegan Southwestern Egg Rolls step by step
- Heat 1 Tbsp canola oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add diced red peppers, green onions and jalapeños. Cook 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add black beans, corn, spinach, cilantro and seasonings. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Remove from heat and get ready to assemble egg rolls.
- Warm tortillas in microwave. I do 2 at a time between damp paper towels.
- Spoon 1/8 of filling across center of tortilla. Fold in sides first then roll tightly. Dampen flap with water and press to seal. Roll remaining tortillas. Place seam side down on cookie sheet and place in freezer while oil heats. (This helps them seal).
- Heat enough oil in skillet to go at least half way up tortilla. Fry one side then flip and fry other side until golden brown.
- OPTION: Instead of frying in oil, I grilled on a griddle pan. Less time, mess and calories!.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, or vegan ranch for dipping!.