Salmon with Thyme and Three-Lemon Crème Fraîche. A simple roast slab of salmon, slow-baked on a bed of lemon and thyme, is served hot or room temperature with a whisk-together sauce of crème fraîche, fresh thyme, and lemon in three forms: lemon zest, lemon juice, and minced preserved lemon. If the salmon is hot, the cream melts and pools in the cracks in the cooked fish. If the salmon is room temperature, it’s like a dipping sauce.
Place salmon on top of thyme/lemon bed and transfer to the oven. Stir together the remaining thyme, lemon, preserved lemon, and crème fraîche with the salt and pepper. See great recipes for Salmon with Thyme and Three-Lemon Crème Fraîche too! You can have Salmon with Thyme and Three-Lemon Crème Fraîche using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon with Thyme and Three-Lemon Crème Fraîche
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh thyme sprigs, plus 2 teaspoons picked thyme leaves.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp of juice.
- You need 1 tsp of zest from the other half.
- Prepare 3 of to 4 large boneless skinless salmon filets about 4 to 6 ounces each.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s to taste salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of finely chopped preserved lemon.
- You need 1/2 cup of crème fraîche.
Appetizers and Hors d’Oeuvres Deep-Fried Potato Skins With Crème Fraîche and Smoked Salmon. Crispy little potato cups, filled with tangy crème fraîche and topped with smoked salmon, make perfect cocktail-party finger food. Salmon with Thyme and Three-Lemon Crème Fraîche. The hundreds of fish recipes we keep coming back to when we want perfectly cooked salmon, tuna, halibut, flounder, and more.
Salmon with Thyme and Three-Lemon Crème Fraîche step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place thyme sprigs and sliced lemon in a pile in the center of the baking sheet large enough to hold the salmon.
- Rub salmon on all sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place salmon on top of thyme/lemon bed and transfer to the oven.
- Roast until the internal temperature registers 125 to 130°F on an instant-read thermometer for medium-rare or 140°F for medium, 15 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest at least 5 minutes, or allow to cool to room temperature.
- Stir together the thyme leaves, lemon juice, lemon zest, preserved lemon (if using), and crème fraîche. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the salmon either hot or at room temperature with the lemon sauce.