Butter Prawn with Salted Egg and Floss Garnishing. These prawns are crunchy, juicy, coated with oats, and crispy strips of egg floss. The aroma of cooking butter prawns We developed this recipe several years ago and featured as the exclusive dish on the menu of our cafe. To cook egg floss: Heat up wok.
The crabs were coated with this luscious sauce made with salted egg and something else, and it was simply divine! Naturally, I had to find out how to cook this so I could cook it at home. Salted egg butter prawns from the Chinatown Kitchen cookbook. You can cook Butter Prawn with Salted Egg and Floss Garnishing using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butter Prawn with Salted Egg and Floss Garnishing
- You need 10 pcs of Tiger Prawns.
- You need 2 of chicken egg yolks.
- Prepare 2 of salted egg yolks (boiled).
- Prepare leaves of Curry.
- Prepare of Birds eye chilli (optional).
- Prepare of Evaporated milk.
- It’s of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sugar.
This really is a dish to dive into with your hands, possibly wearing a bib. The luxurious combination of the salted egg yolks and butter flavours the evaporated milk (don't use. Salted Egg Prawns A truly rich dinner that's ready in minutes! Salted egg paste just makes everything taste better.
Butter Prawn with Salted Egg and Floss Garnishing step by step
- Add butter and some oil to wok and create a swirling motion, then add in the egg yolks and continue the swirling until bubble foam appear and brownish color and set aside. Let it cool down and you will have egg yolk floss.
- The prawn you need to Fly Oil or "Fei Yau" for 15 seconds in a wok of hot oil and set aside. You can also coat with crispy powder or flour to the prawn and fry it to make it crspier for dry style. Set the prawn aside.
- Add in butter to wok and stir fry some chilli and curry leaves till aroma, then add in 1/2 can of evaporated milk and continue to stir fry. Stir until the evaporated milk dry, to make dry style or leave some gravy for wet style. Add in the egg floss and salted egg yolk and seasoned with salt and sugar. Finally add in the prawn and mix everything together and serve.
Serve up the ultimate prawn dish with this recipe! Serve up the ultimate prawn dish with this recipe! Indulge in an irresistible blend of flavours and textures and understand why salted egg and prawns is a match made in heaven. Homemade Salted Eggs prepared using the brining method with chicken or duck eggs cured in a simple salt solution. The egg white has a sharp salty taste and the yolk is rich and fatty.