Maple syrup and almond butter tofu – vegan.
You can have Maple syrup and almond butter tofu – vegan using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Maple syrup and almond butter tofu – vegan
- Prepare 125 g of firm tofu.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of tamari or soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of almond butter – crunchy or smooth.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lime.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of spring onions chopped + extra to garnish if you like.
- Prepare 2 of pak choi chopped roughly.
Maple syrup and almond butter tofu – vegan step by step
- Heat the oven to 200C. Mix 1 tbsp sesame oil and 1 tbsp tamari.
- Press the moisture out of the tofu and cut into cubes. Put in a baking dish. Drizzle the sesame/ tamari mix over the tofu. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Mix the maple syrup and almond butter. Add the rest of the sesame oil with 1-2 tbsps (depends on how salty you like things) of the tamari. And add the lime juice. Mix it all together. Taste it and see if it needs more maple syrup/ almond butter/ lime depending on how you feel 😁 I added some chilli flakes today.
- After about 30 minutes, when the tofu is crisping up, take it out of the oven. Pour 2/3 of the maple syrup sauce over it.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan. Add the spring onions. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the tofu and sauce to the pan. Cook for a minute or two.
- Add the pak choi. Cook for a couple of minutes until pak choi is wilted.
- You can add some chopped spring onion and some more of the sauce to serve. Enjoy!.