Chocolate mousse – made with tofu (vegan). If you've never tried a silken tofu chocolate mousse before, this recipe will take you completely by surprise! It's d ecadent, rich, velvety smooth, creamy, and unbelievably easy to whip up. Y ou'll never guess that this is vegan, gluten-free, egg-free and dairy-free.
It's just such a versatile ingredient and you can use it in so many different ways and to create so many amazing recipes, like this right here – chocolate tofu mousse that's so light and fluffy – perfect as a light after dinner treat. Tips for making this tofu chocolate mousse. Choosing the type of tofu can be important. You can have Chocolate mousse – made with tofu (vegan) using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate mousse – made with tofu (vegan)
- Prepare 300 g of pack silken tofu.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cacao powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need of raspberries.
If I want a pudding-like texture, I choose the shelf-stable firm tofu. For a thicker mousse-like or pie filling texture, the refrigerated Chinese type tofu works best. Mousse made from either type of tofu will thicken up more after a few hours in the. Smooth and creamy chocolate mousse made vegan by using silken tofu as the base.
Chocolate mousse – made with tofu (vegan) step by step
- Drain the tofu. Add everything (except the raspberries) to the blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Put some raspberries into the bottom of your serving bowl. Scoop some mousse on top. I add another layer of raspberries then mousse. And decorate with a few raspberries on top. Enjoy 😋.
I like to think that since the tofu has protein it makes this even a bit healthy! For the ingredients I recommend almond or soy milk. Skip some of the others like rice milk which is too watery. If you're doing this totally vegan, look for vegan chocolate chips. I usually serve it atop a wonderful tofu cheesecake I make.