Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy). The latter is called kwetiau siram because the word "siram" in Indonesian means to pour, which is exactly what this dish is: egg gravy poured over lightly stir-fried flat rice noodles! Growing up, this Chinese-Indonesian dish has always been a favourite in our home since it's so easy and quick to make, yet it's still super yummy. The rice noodles are served with the gravy poured on top of it.
Kwetiau Goreng (Fried Rice-flat Noodle) – Indonesia. See great recipes for Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy) too! Kwetiau goreng (Indonesian for 'fried flat noodle') is a Chinese Indonesian stir fried flat rice noodle dish from Indonesia and popular in Southeast Asia. You can have Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy) using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy)
- You need 1 portion of fresh flat rice noodles.
- You need 1 teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Ingredients for gravy :.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 of onion, sliced lengthwise.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of celery, sliced.
- You need 6-7 of broccoli florets.
- You need 6 of shrimp,peeled and cleaned up the dirt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of soy sauce.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 300 ml of water.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of cornstarch, dissolved with 1 tablespoon water.
- It’s 1 of egg, lightly beaten.
This flavorful and spicy fried noodle dish is common in Indonesia. It is made from noodles, locally known as kwetiau, which are stir fried in cooking oil with garlic, onion or shallots, beef, chicken, fried prawn, crab or sliced bakso. In Indonesia, we eat kwetiau (flat rice noodles) mainly two ways: fried or with egg gravy flavoured with oyster sauce. The latter is called kwetiau siram because the word "siram" in Indonesian means to pour, which is exactly what this dish is: egg gravy poured over lightly stir-fried flat rice noodles!.
Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy) step by step
- First, make sure the fresh rice noodles are at temperature. If the noodles are really cold and stiff from refrigeration, rinse them quickly under hot tap water when you are ready to stir-fry the dish. This extra step will help you avoid a big homogenous lump of noodles during stir-frying. Be sure to shake off any excess water after rinsing and use them immediately. If using dried rice noodles, soak in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain off water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or skillet. When it's hot, toss the rice noodles with 1 tsp of soy sauce. Stir fry until the noodles started to soften and turn lightly brown and you might have some "char" spot. Remove from the wok and put on a serving plate.
- How to make the gravy : Wipe the wok clean and add 1 Tbsp of oil and saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Add in the vegetables and stir fry until they started to soften a little bit, about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp start to turn pink. Add the water, oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, sugar, ground pepper and bring to a boil.
- Give the cornstarch solution a stir and then pour it in and continue to stir until the gravy gets thickened a little.
- Gradually pour in the beaten egg while one hand continue to stir. It's like making an egg drop soup. Have a taste and add more salt if needed.
- Pour the pipping hot thick gravy over the noodles. Serve immediately.
Growing up, this Chinese-Indonesian dish has always been a favourite in our home since. No matter what you are hungry for, you'll find a huge variety of delicious dishes to satisfy you at the Raki Restaurant's menu. Chicken Egg Foo Young Raki Restaurant's tasty cuisine will hit the spot. Stir fry kway teow/kwetiau/stir fry flat rice noodles is really famous in Indonesia and the most famous is : Kwetiau siram sapi (kwetiau noodles poured with beef thick flavorful sauce. Recipe: Tasty Indonesian KWETIAU SIRAM (Rice Noodles in Egg Gravy) Recipe: Delicious Mashed potatoes and hamburger meat with gravy; Simple Way To Make Yummy gummy worms with oreo, and chocolate pudding; Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Bacon Candy Indonesian noodles are a significant aspect of Indonesian cuisine which is very diverse.