Brad's smoked salmon. Smoked salmon is a preparation of salmon, typically a fillet that has been cured and hot or cold smoked. Due to its moderately high price, smoked salmon is considered a delicacy. Although the term lox is sometimes applied to smoked salmon, they are different products.
Technically, the fish is raw, but cured. Smoke and salmon go together like, well, salmon and smoke. Perfectly smoked salmon is one of those simple exquisite indulgences. You can have Brad's smoked salmon using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's smoked salmon
- Prepare 2 (10 lb) of salmon.
- You need 4 cups of packed dark brown sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of course kosher salt.
- It’s 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of white pepper.
- You need 1 tbs of lemon pepper.
- You need 1/2 tbs of ground mustard.
- You need 1/2 tbs of ground ginger.
This is traditionally done with salmon in Alaska, usually chinook, coho, sockeye or chum Brad- Any word on that pike? Split and lightly toast the croissants. Melt the butter in a frying pan. Learn how to make the best ever smoked salmon bagel sandwich this easy recipe that tops this delectable fish with cream cheese and fresh veggies.
Brad's smoked salmon instructions
- Mix all ingredients except salmon.
- Fillet and remove rib bones from salmon. Leave skin on. Cut into serving sized pieces.
- Lay brine mix in the bottom of a extra large glass baking pan.
- Place a layer of salmon skin side down.
- Cover with brine mix. Lay next layer meat side down and cover with more brine. Next layer lay skin side down and cover with more brine.
- Cover with saran wrap and brine in fridge 24 hrs.
- After brining, remove fish. Rinse lightly. Place on a towel to dry. A small fan will speed up the process.
- Place in your smoker. Fish must be dry. Moisture will collect soot from the smoke.
- Smoke between 120 – 150 degrees. Add smoke for two hours. Then just heat for 2. Keep repeating this process. Fish will be done in 18 hrs. The thinner belly and tail pieces will be done first. Thicker pieces may require more time.
- Fish will keep in the fridge up to three weeks. But it never lasts that long around me.
Check out Chef Tom's Hot Smoked Salmon! The quick cure and smoke from the Yoder Smokers Pellet Grill create a truly delicious and versatile smoked salmon! Smoker Smoked Salmon: Today, I'm making some smoked salmon using my trusty old Master Forge Kettle smoker. You can do this salmon easily without having expensive smoking equipment. Smoked salmon belongs on so much more than just bagels.