Egg drop tofu soup. Growing up, my family had a tradition of eating lunch at our local little Chinese restaurant every single Saturday. Soak in boiling water for a few minutes and remove the skin if desired. Cut into smaller pieces and remove the seeds.
And if you need something hot and delicious and super quick to prepare, then you will be glad to have this smashed tofu egg drop soup in your arsenal. All you need is some chicken. Even though egg drop soup is served at many Chinese restaurants, it wasn't something my family ordered when we went out to eat. You can have Egg drop tofu soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Egg drop tofu soup
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of tofu ,cubed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of bean sprouts (optional).
- Prepare 6 cups of vegetable or chicken stock.
- It’s 2 tbsp of miso.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 8 of peppercorns.
- You need 4-6 of cloves.
- Prepare 2 of star anise.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 1/2 inch of ginger sliced.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of chopped spring onions to garnish.
The name "Egg Drop" comes from how the soup is made—dropping raw egg into hot soup. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Egg drop soup was always her first choice. You don't need to add tons of spices like star anise and cloves because it overpowers the delicate egg flavor.
Egg drop tofu soup instructions
- Boil chicken or vegetable stock, add ginger, cinnamon stick, miso paste in a deep pan. In a tea strainer, place star anise, peppercorns and cloves and add to the pan.
- Add soy sauce and tofu and bean sprouts and simmer for 5 mins on medium heat.
- This step is optional: Add 2 Tbsp of corn flour with little water and add to pan for thickening and mix well for 2 mins.
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and whisk with fork. Using fork, pour the eggs to the pan like long ribbons. Simmer for 3 mins and turn off the stove.
- Transfer the soup in a bowl and garnish with spring onions and enjoy!!!.
This delicious restaurant-style Egg Drop Soup Recipe is made with simple ingredients like chicken stock, eggs, soy sauce, and green onions. Worried that a bowl of this soup won't fill you up? Add a side of simple rice and toss in some chicken or tofu for added protein. Egg drop soups are always easy and quick to prepare. When I am in a hurry of preparing a dinner or my family do not need too much meat or fat, I will I have post recipe introducing tomato rib soup.