taisen's shrimp and crab scampi. This shrimp scampi recipe looks elegant enough to serve to company, but it's easy to prepare. The bright flavors of lemon and herbs enhance the shrimp. Serve it over pasta and wait for the compliments. —Lori Packer, Omaha, Nebraska.
Don't feel limited to adding crab specifically; bay scallops and lobster also. Tyler's shrimp scampi linguini is so simple, it can be cooked dockside. You might occasionally see shrimp scampi served over toasted bread as a chic appetizer, but for the hearty, most satisfying dinner dish, shrimp scampi with linguine. You can cook taisen's shrimp and crab scampi using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of taisen's shrimp and crab scampi
- Prepare 1 of to 2 pounds of shrimp. ( I used pre steamed with old bay from the store ).
- It’s 1 of to 2 pounds of steamed king crab meat or snow crab.
- You need 1 of butter.
- It’s 1 of garlic powder or garlic cloves. your choice.
- You need 1 small of or medium onion ( you can omit this ).
- Prepare 1 of ripe tomato ( you may omit this also ).
- Prepare 1 box of of angel hair pasta.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- You need 1 of old bay for extra spice if you want.
- It’s 1 small of amount of oil if you choose.
We took classic Shrimp Scampi and turned it into this shrimp scampi pasta recipe. Just like our Creamy Shrimp Pasta, this is perfect With the exception of the pasta, the shrimp and scampi sauce come together in one pan. This recipe comes together fast so have all of your ingredients prepped. Shrimp scampi has to be one of the easiest ways to quickly prepare shrimp!
taisen's shrimp and crab scampi instructions
- if using onion and/or tomato. dice both. fry/saute in butter and garlic. add tomatoes first then onion until translucent. remove from heat.
- start off with peeling the shrimp if store bought pre steamed. take off tails. if you decide to cook raw or frozen shrimp do that normally and if desired add in old bay for seasoning/spice.
- if use using pre cooked/steamed snow crab or king crab pick out the meat slowly and carefully to get big chunks from the legs. I didn't use the body meat just the claw meat.
- put all three of these aside and begin cooking the angel hair.
- cook until they are almost done but not mushy as you will want to mix and simmer them with the rest OR you can cook them all the way and use the sauce to cover the noodles later.
- add shrimp and crab into a frying pan. add a touch of oil then some butter. heat through.
- add some garlic, pepper and old bay to taste.
- add drained noodles or keep them separate. your choice.
- serve hot.
I used a little Asian chili sauce in addition to the red pepper flakes and served it over homemade noodles. This Shrimp Scampi recipe has become a regular part of meal rotation at our house. Last night I made it with Patagonian pink shrimp, and the flavor of the sea. Add butter, water, cleaned shrimp and crab meat. Shrimp scampi combines succulent seafood and tomatoes in a tangy lemon garlic sauce.