Mediterranean Salmon Tray Bake. The Medicinal Chef Dale Pinnock brings a mouth-watering Mediterranean Salmon Tray Bake to Today with Maura and Dáithí. Check on the veg occasionally to ensure that they aren't sticking to the tray. Simple Foil Packet Dinner with Salmon and Veggies, Mediterranean-Style.
For a fish supper with a twist, try this saucy salmon dish. Drizzle each with half the olive oil, season and toss to coat. This Mediterranean salmon dish is a fail-safe. You can cook Mediterranean Salmon Tray Bake using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Salmon Tray Bake
- It’s 500 g of salmon filets (4 in No.).
- It’s 400 g of potatoes baby new (skin on – halved).
- Prepare 300 g of red onion (coarsely chopped).
- You need 300 g of fennel bulbs (coarsely chopped).
- You need 150 g of yellow onion (coarsely chopped).
- It’s 150 g of red pepper (coarsely chopped).
- Prepare 150 g of cherry tomatoes (halved).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of capers (rinsed and sliced).
- You need 3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped).
- You need 600 ml of vegetable stock.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Italian herbs.
- It’s ½ teaspoon of black pepper.
A healthy and quick recipe, perfect for a midweek meal. On a large baking tray, mix the potatoes with remaining olive oil and plenty of seasoning. Put salmon parcels alongside the potatoes, with plenty of room around them. Toss well and tip into a lined baking tray.
Mediterranean Salmon Tray Bake instructions
- Pre-heat an oven (200oC / 400oF / Gas Mark 6).
- Microwave the potatoes, fennel and onions for 3 minutes.
- Scatter the microwaved vegetables and peppers over a large oven tray. Scatter with the garlic and Italian herb.
- Pour over half the vegetable stock (and throughout the remainder over the cooking time watch the stock so as to add from add more stock as needed to keep the tray just moist).
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and scatter over the tomatoes and capers.
- Place the salmon filets over the vegetables and sprinkle them with the pepper.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes. Ensure the fish is cooked through before serving.
- See alternatives!.
Remove from the oven and add the salmon, cherry tomatoes, black olives, a drizzle more olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. If you like the strong taste of kalamata olives, this recipe is for you. If you don't like those, you can simply omit. Can substitute fresh tuna for the salmon. Chili Lime Baked Salmon is a complete dinner – all made on one tray!