Vegan Pressure Cooker Beans & Rice.
You can cook Vegan Pressure Cooker Beans & Rice using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Pressure Cooker Beans & Rice
- Prepare 1 of large onion chopped.
- It’s 2 cups of dry brown rice.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can black beans drained.
- Prepare 2 cups of vegetable broth or water.
- You need 1 (12 oz) of bag frozen corn.
- You need 1 of pepper chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 28 oz of can diced tomatoes not drained.
- You need 8 oz of salsa.
Vegan Pressure Cooker Beans & Rice instructions
- Add all ingredients in the same order of ingredient list starting with onions. I used a Bella 8 quart pressure cooker. If you like a little wetter rice mixture, add more water (1/4 cup at least) and will turn out great.
- Seal pressure cooker and cook for 26 minutes on rice setting or a High setting.
- When done, release pressure and stir mixture.
- Non Vegan option: add 2 chicken breasts to very top and once done cooking, remove chicken to large bowl and shred chicken. Place chicken back to mixture and mix.
- Option 2: can substitute out the salsa with 1/4 cup water.