Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Pasta. Spicy Shrimp Pasta in Garlic Tomato Cream Sauce – shrimp seared on stove top with crushed red pepper, paprika, and salt, then smothered in a spicy cream sauce made with chopped onions, minced garlic, crushed tomatoes and cream. Delicious, creamy shrimp pasta recipe with lots of bold flavors! Meanwhile, season shrimp with salt and pepper.
Add the shrimp and minced garlic to the skillet. Spicy, creamy, loaded pasta dinner that everyone would love! Happy last week of October, everyone! You can have Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Pasta using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Pasta
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 packages of of pasta of choice.
- Prepare 1 cup of of spinach.
- You need 1 lb of frozen or fresh shrimp peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried or fresh oregano.
- Prepare 1 cup of starch water.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 of pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper flakes to your liking.
- Prepare 1 of shaved parmesan to top to your liking.
- You need 1 of sesame seeds (optional).
- You need 1 of handful parsley.
- Prepare 1 of handful of basil.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
It's perfect for busy weeknights and the amount of spice is easily varied. This recipe is based on one of the most popular recipes on Spicy Southern Kitchen- Spicy Tomato Cream Pasta. The addition […] Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Shrimp Pasta in Spicy New Orleans Tomato Cream Sauce, this shrimp and pasta dish is super simple to make, incredibly flavorful, and completely satisfying.
Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Pasta step by step
- If using frozen shrimp place them in a drainer and run cool water over them until thawed. If using fresh shrimp, rinse them under cool water and set to side.
- Pour Olive oil and butter in skillet or sautee pan set on medium heat.
- Fill a pot up with enough water for pasta, salt heavily and set on high heat.
- While Olive oil and butter is melting mince garlic and chop onions. Add garlic and onions when the butter is melted.
- Add pasta and spinach(I use frozen, it sticks to the pasta better than fresh) to boiling water and cook until tender. See cooking directions on package.
- Add shrimp to skillet and cook for one minute if using frozen, if using fresh cook until no longer translucent. Don't over cook or they will be rubbery. Remove shrimp and place in a bowl.
- Pour cans of diced tomatoes to skillet, add oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Use as little or as much red pepper flakes you want, I love it spicy.
- Add a cup of the pasta water to tomatoes(i use a coffee mug and dip it in the hot water). Let tomatoes shimmer for a few minutes, until pasta is done.
- Add shrimp to tomatoes, and drain pasta. Put pasta back in pot and add the tomato and shrimp sauce to pasta.
- Simmer pasta and sauce and let the flavors marry and get to know each other!.
- When sauce has thickened a bit turn heat off, top with parsley, cheese and sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy with a salad or garlic bread or both;) I always add more cheese and red pepper flakes to my personal plate! Like I said, I like it spicy!.
This recipe has an ideal combination of flavors from hot and spicy to tangy and creamy. It also has a nice balance of contrasting textures from the firm shrimp to the soft pasta. Shrimp Pasta with Spicy Tomato Sauce. Return pasta and shrimp to saucepot. Pour tomato sauce over shrimp and pasta.