(Prawn Malai curry) Prawn in a thick coconut Gravy. This creamy prawn curry cooked in coconut gravy with warm spices is a north Indian food delicacy that is often eaten with traditional Jeera rice. Sometimes called Chingri Malaikari, or Malai for short, this is now eaten throughout India and around the world. The prawns are cooked in a thick coconut.
This recipe is healthy as well as tasty. Heat mustard oil in a pan and add sugar and whole cumin. GRIND the coconut and extract thick coconut milk. You can have (Prawn Malai curry) Prawn in a thick coconut Gravy using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of (Prawn Malai curry) Prawn in a thick coconut Gravy
- Prepare 4 of Jumbo prawns cleaned.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of Onion paste.
- You need 2 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala powder.
- Prepare 2 cups of Fresh coconut milk.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Ghee.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 4 of Green Cardamom.
- Prepare 1 of Green chilli for garnishing.
Season with ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves. Prawns are cooked in thick coconut gravy with whole aromatic spices. Serve with lime rice for a sumptuous meal. Health Benefits Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves and coconut flakes.
(Prawn Malai curry) Prawn in a thick coconut Gravy step by step
- Smear the prawns with turmeric and salt.
- Shallow fry the prawns and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add bay leaf and whole spices.
- Now add the onion paste and saute.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and Red chilli powder.
- Saute until raw smell of the spices gone.
- Now add salt and sugar.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Add the prawns.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle ghee and garam masala and green chilli.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Heat oil in a pan at medium heat. Add coconut milk, salt to taste and mix well. Add a pinch of sugar, ghee, slit green chilies and. Ingredients for Malwani Prawn Curry Recipe. Reserve one tablespoon of coconut and dry roast the remaining coconut and one onion in a thick bottomed kadai over medium heat for two to three minutes, stirring continuously or till.