Apple pie oatmeal – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can have Apple pie oatmeal using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple pie oatmeal
- Prepare 1 packet of Trader Joe's Organic Cinnamon Spice Instant Oatmeal.
- Prepare 1 2/3 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbs of chia seeds.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced apples.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of truvia baking blend.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare pinch of salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Apple pie oatmeal Instructions
- Empty instant oats packet and chia seeds into large, microwaveable bowl
- Pour in water and microwave for 3 minutes, let the oats deflate for about 15 seconds to keep them from overflowing, and then microwave once more for 1 minute (if you're worried it'll overflow you can stop the microwave at the 30 second mark to cool)
- After spending a total of 4 minutes microwaved let the oats sit in the microwave for 5 minutes. This time lets the oats cool and fully saturate in the water.
- Place in the fridge for at least 45 min.
- While waiting for the oats to grow and cream up you can make the "apple pie filling (topping)". Place a sauce pan on medium heat and throw in the diced apples, lemon juice, truvia, cornstarch, and spices. Slowly mix while the cornstarch thickens up the filling.
- Once it begins to boil turn the heat all the way down and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Either pour oats into a bowl and top with the filling or you can pour the oats in the saucepan to combine with the filling.