Prawn malai curry. Here is Most Famous Bengali Prawn Recipe Chingri Macher Malai Curry. Trust me this Chingri Macher Malaikari recipe will put a big smile on your face. Prawn Malai Curry Recipe. by TNN.
The prawns are cooked in a thick coconut milk gravy with whole spices for a strong, flavorful dish. Ingredients of Chingri Malai Curry Recipe: Flavoured with a host of delectable spices such as cumin, chilli, turmeric and garam masala, this prawn curry will be the ultimate winner on your dinner table. Ingredients for Chingri Malai Curry Recipe. You can have Prawn malai curry using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Prawn malai curry
- Prepare 12 pieces of tiger prawn.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Onion-ginger-garlic paste.
- It’s of (Make a fine paste in blender taking one medium sized onion, 1’’ piece ginger, 8-10 pods garlic and 2 green chilies).
- It’s 1 of Chopped onion small size.
- Prepare 1 of small glass coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of yogurt.
- It’s As needed of Whole garam masala- cardamom (2 no), Cinnamon (1’’ stick), Clove(2-3 no).
- You need 1/4 tsp of Garam masala powder(using only cardamom, cinnamon and clove).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of White oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Ghee.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare few of green chillies.
Chingri Macher Malai Curry tastes best with steamed rice or Basanti Polau. Prawn Malai Curry goes very well with rice. Learn how to make/prepare Prawn Malai Curry by following this easy recipe. Season with ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves.
Prawn malai curry step by step
- In a small container add turmeric and red chilli powder. Pour 2 tsp. of water and mix well. Keep aside.
- Wash and clean Prawns.
- Take oil and ½ tsp. of ghee in a kadhai. Saute Prawns in medium hot oil. When you put prawns in oil, within 3-4 sec it will change it's colour into red.Then remove from heat and keep aside.
- Into the remaining oil add whole garam masala and bay leaves. When it starts spluttering add chopped onion.
- Cook for 2 minutes till the colour becomes pink colour. Then add onion-ginger- garlic paste. Cook for 3-4 minutes until it becomes light brown. Now add turmeric-red chilli paste in to it.Mix well. Cook till the oil is floating on top.
- Next add beaten yogurt, salt to taste and sugar into it. Mix and cook for another 30 seconds. Pour coconut milk and green chilli slices.
- When it starts to boil add prawns in it. You can use ¼ cup of hot water according to required gravy.
- Let it boil for 10-12 minutes in low flame with lid (Over boiling will hard the prawns). After that time turn off the gas flame then add garam masala powder and the remaining ghee.Finally cover with lid and give a standing time for 5 minutes. Serve hot with steamed rice or any fried rice of your choice.
Add all the remaining ingredients, except curd and tomato puree. Malai Curry Recipe and get all the details like Ingredients, know the Cooking Method of Prawn Prawns are cooked in thick coconut gravy with whole aromatic spices. Serve with lime rice for a. Prawn Malai Curry it is yumlogical. The coconut milk and green chilli gives the Prawn Malai Curry a two dimensional taste.