Apple Dumplings – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. You can cook Apple Dumplings using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple Dumplings
- It’s 1 of doubled pie crust.
- Prepare 6 of peeled and cored apples.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of raisins.
- You need 3 tablespoons of chopped nuts.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cloves.
- It’s of Cinnamon and sugar for coating.
Apple Dumplings Step By Step
- Make pie crust accordingly to desired recipe. Place dough ball between two pieces of parchment paper and roll to about two inches thick. Cut into squares and set aside.
- Peel and core washed apples. (I personally use a drill like contraption for this.)
- Combine raisins and nuts in a small bowl and add the tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon. Toss with a fork to coat the mix.
- Take a square of dough, and place it between two layers of parchment paper. Roll to a round 1/2 inch circle. Place a cored apple in the middle.
- Fill the hole in the Apple with raisins and nuts.
- Pull sides of dough up to the top and pinch into a purse shape.
- Roll the apple in a bowl of mixed cinnamon and sugar.
- Place the rolled ball into a greased oblong dish. Repeat the steps for remaining apples.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 40 minutes.