Sig's Tofu with Chilly and Basil. I used about a Tablespoon and left out the Thai chilis; perfect amount of spice for me! Thai style stir fried tofu with basil is one of the most favored recipe from my blog, most pinned ever and most loved one. This recipe is a spin of the classic Thai.
Crispy pan-fried tofu is tossed in a sweet chili-lime sauce with fresh basil to make this flavorful Thai basil tofu stir-fry. A few months ago I hit my twenty year meatless milestone. That feels pretty weird, because I honestly don't feel old enough to have reached any twenty year milestone, or at least any twenty year milestone of any adult. You can cook Sig's Tofu with Chilly and Basil using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's Tofu with Chilly and Basil
- It’s 1/2 cup of of fresh basil leaves ( sweet Thai is best but Greek or ordinary will do).
- You need 3 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 4 slice of tofu about 1 cm thick.
- It’s 1 of clove of garlic , large.
- You need 1 of small red chilli.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 tablespoons of honey.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce, light.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce, dark.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar ( optional ).
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of cornflour.
- It’s 4 tbsp of water.
Wrap the tofu in several layers of paper towels, and place it on a dinner plate. Top with the basil and serve with rice noodles or rice. Heat oil in wok over high heat. Fry the basil leaves so that they crisp, then transfer to kitchen paper to drain.
Sig's Tofu with Chilly and Basil instructions
- Heat half the oil, fry the basil leaves until crisp , set leaves aside keep oil for frying the tofu.
- Drain and dry the tofu cut off 4 slices of about 1 cm thickness. Fry to golden brown from both sides in the basil oil. Remove and set aside .( If the leftover uncooked tofu is fresh put any leftover,covered in chilled water in fridge for up to two days.).
- In the meantime slice one large clove of garlic and one small red chilli , add remaining oil and fry gently until nearly brown .
- add soy sauces and 1-2 tablespoon of good honey.
- Mix cornflour with water and stir in to the garlic chilli mix until it thickens. Sweeten the sauce further with some sugar ( optional).
- Plate the tofu, pour over the sauce and serve with the crisped basil leaves .
Keep warm in a low oven while you fry the rest. In this Thai basil chicken recipe, you'll learn to cook an authentic Thai street version of the dish. Thai basil chicken, better known in Thai as pad kra pao gai (ผัดกระเพราไก่ pad ka prao gai) , is a contender for the most popular, and the most beloved Thai street food dish of all time. Thai roasted tofu with ginger, basil and chilli vegetables. This easy Thai vegetarian stir-fry is a great choice.