Grilled Avocado and Tomato with Cheese and Mayonnaise. Soft, buttery avocado amps up the irresistible gooeyness of this Avocado and Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Tomato brings a bright, acidic contrast. Tomato brings a bright, acidic contrast to the richness of cheese and avocado.
I would go about three times a week to order a grilled provolone cheese & tomato sandwich. Today I wanted something different, something a little spicier, so I made up the following recipe. This simple grilled cheese combines gooey Gruyere cheese, avocado, heirloom tomato, and sourdough bread for a grown up grilled cheese treat! You can cook Grilled Avocado and Tomato with Cheese and Mayonnaise using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Avocado and Tomato with Cheese and Mayonnaise
- You need 1/2 of Avocado.
- It’s 1/4 of Tomato.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 tablespoons Salmon flakes (ready made).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Grated garlic.
- You need 1 of Cheese.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Black pepper.
This opening photo…was it the most put-together shot I had? …no. But I think it captures the glory that is this sandwich. Serve this avocado grilled cheese with tomato alongside a bowl of homemade tomato soup or a green salad, and you've got instant dinner. Salt the tomatoes and let them drain for a bit before whipping up the sandwich.
Grilled Avocado and Tomato with Cheese and Mayonnaise step by step
- Slice the avocado and tomato. Line up on a heat-proof dish.
- Sprinkle some salmon flakes.
- Combine mayonnaise and grated garlic and mix well. Pour over the mixed ingredients from Step 2.
- Place cheese on the ingredients prepared in Step 3. Sprinkle on some black pepper. Grill in the toaster oven for 5 minutes and it's ready.
Then adding just the right amount of kosher salt on top makes for gooey. Get some veggies onto the menu with our Avocado Grilled Cheese recipe. They won't suspect a thing with the great taste of our Avocado Grilled Cheese. Spread outsides of sandwiches with mayo. Grilled Cheese with Tomato and Avocado.