Goan fish curry. India has lots of coastline, so it's no surprise that fish and seafood are common ingredients in Indian curries. Goa, the smallest state in India, located on the western coast. Does Goan fish curry float your boat, or do your seafood curry allegiances lie elsewhere?
A quick and easy Goan Fish & Spinach Curry, Coriander Rice recipe, from our authentic Indian cuisine collection. Find brilliant recipe ideas and cooking tips at Gousto. Learn how to make Goan Fish Curry recipe at home from The Bombay Chef Varun Inamdar on Get Curried. You can cook Goan fish curry using 19 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Goan fish curry
- Prepare 4 of cardamom pods,seeds only.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s 2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 2 tbsp of grated unsweetened coconut.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic,crushed.
- It’s 2 tsp of ginger,chopped.
- Prepare 2 of mild red chilies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of each ground cumin,turmeric,paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 2 tsp of tamarind paste.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 580 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 680 g of firm – fleshed white fish fillets,cut into 4 – inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 of small potato,peeled and diced quite small.
- It’s 12 of large prawns, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of freshly chopped coriander.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes,chopped to serve.
Goan Fish Curry is an authentic curry recipe prepared. This fish curry recipe has gotten me a little further along on that path. I also make a Goan crab. Recipe for Goan Fish Curry made with home made goan fish curry paste and spices.
Goan fish curry step by step
- In small saucepan over medium heat, dry -fry the cardamom seeds, coriander seeds and mustard seeds,until they begin to jump.Remove from heat, tip into a mortar and grind to a powder with the pestle.set aside.Add the coconut to the saucepan and toast until golden brown.remove from heat and set aside.In a medium frying pan,heat the oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes.Add garlic,ginger,chilies,cumin,turmeric,paprika, garam masala and cook for 2 minutes.Tip in the ground spices,.
- Toasted coconut and tamarind paste.Transfer to the slow cooker,and add the coconut milk.Stir together to combine.Place the fish and potato in the sauce, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.Thirty minutes before the end of cooking time,add the prawns and stir gently to coat in sauce.Before serving,adjust the seasoning as needed,stir in the coriander and garnish with chopped tomatoes.
I came across this Goan fish curry from the Instagram handle of Chef Floyd Cardoz. This Goan Fish Curry recipe is a staple food usually eaten with rice and naan like traditional Indian food. Goan fish curry blends together spices and coconut to bring out the mild sweetness of the tender fresh fish that is so abundant in Goa and around the coast of India. Lovely fish curry which is also lo in fat and calories. This recipe has been submitted by the Good Food community.