Prawn Curry – Healthy..ish. Our prawn curry recipes combine shellfish and spices in a range of fragrant Asian dishes, including creamy Keralan curry and aromatic Thai laksa. Cook up a prawn curry tonight for a shellfish flavour sensation. Healthy king prawn curry is a delicious low calorie, low fat curry.
See our Fragrant Prawns & Coconut Curry step by step recipe video For more healthy living tips see lidl.ie/healthy #LidlHealthHacks. Want a low calorie chicken curry? Our chicken saag recipe proves that you can eat healthily without having to skip your favourite foods. You can cook Prawn Curry – Healthy..ish using 24 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Prawn Curry – Healthy..ish
- You need 1 of Red Onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 pinch of Saffron.
- It’s 3 of Turmeric.
- You need 2 tsp of All Spices.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cummin.
- You need 1 each of Ginger Root.
- You need 1 of Green Chilli, good strength.
- It’s 2 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 6 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 box of Cherry or small plumb tomatoes.
- It’s 1/4 of Natural low fat yogurt.
- It’s 1 bunch of Corriander.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Honey.
- You need 1 dash of Olive oil.
- It’s of Asian.
- You need 1 cup of Rice.
- Prepare 1 packages of Coconut Paste/Milk (optional, read step 7).
- You need 1 of Vegetable – Sweet/Chiqunio Peppers or Courgette/Aubergine.
- You need 500 grams of King Prawns, the better and bigger the prawns the better and bigger the test.
- You need 1 1/4 of Lime – (personal taste, I don't add but you can).
- Prepare 1 packages of Concentrated tomato paste (only for emergency if you over sweeten curry).
Goan Prawn Curry with Coconut (Ambot Tik) is a spicy, sour curry that comes from Goa. It'll remind you of your favorite Goan shack! Add coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil. Madras is a hot curry paste.
Prawn Curry – Healthy..ish step by step
- Finely chop onion, ginger, garlic.
- Add dash of oil to pan and heat, once hot add saffron, paprika, all spices, turmeric and cummin. Stir for like a minute and do not let burn.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic and cook until brownish colour.
- Dice and add chilli, use half a chilli don't over heat, use fresh chilli more flavour then curry powders.
- While base paste cooks chop tomatoes into qtrs and add, half cherry/plumb tomatoes and add. Cook down into nice mushy paste.
- Add yogurt and stir in, salt and pepper to taste (be generous with the salt).
- Start to cook rice, I add coconut paste/milk to rice for this dish, you don't have to. To cook rice I fry small amount of oil, don't let rice burn, then add paste/milk stir in and then just cover with water and keep adding small amounts of water as it boils off.
- Chop and add vegetables – I tend to use small chiqunio peppers or sweet peppers as add colour and sweetness. Sliced into rings.
- Now add prawns.
- Chop Corriander and add about half to sauce and stir in.
- Add dash of honey to taste, if the curry sauce is still acidic add dash more, try it to over sweeten, however if to sweet rescue with concentrated tomato paste (can add lime).
- Taste your curry.
- Strength – If the curry is not hot enough add more of the chilli.
- Spice Flavour – you want more curry spice whack add a little more cummin and all spice.
- Colour – I like a golden yellow prawn curry, add a little more turmeric to colour yellow and paprika for brown/reddish tint.
- If the rice is ready then serve, sprinkle on remainder of Corriander to curry and a little to rice.
It can be replaced with a mild paste, so check jars for heat rating. Garlic prawns are available from the deli section of most major supermarkets. Prawn curry or prawns curry is a gravy based masala prawn curry made using shrimp in south indian style using onions, tomatoes and coconut. Recipe for the Light and Fresh Prawn and Spinach Curry. Remember that you can increase or decrease the amount of rice that you use, the amount of chilli and the.