Coconut Shrimp Curry. Reduce the heat to medium-low and pour in the coconut milk, stirring to combine. Add honey, salt, and lime juice, and allow the sauce to heat up until bubbling gently. Jumbo shrimp in a lightly spiced coconut curry sauce.
This coconut shrimp curry is so delicious and easy to make, you could literally have this on your dinner table in no time at all. Forget take-out, forget going out for dinner, make. Coconut shrimp curry is one of those quick and easy weeknight dishes. You can have Coconut Shrimp Curry using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut Shrimp Curry
- Prepare 1/3 cup of dried or fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Granulated garlic.
- Prepare 13 oz of coconut milk (i used golden star).
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes.
- It’s of pink himalyan rock salt (trader joes selles it).
- You need 1/3 cup of curry powder.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of red curry paste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- It’s 1 lb of shrimp ( i used trader joe's red argentina peeled and devained).
- You need 1 tbsp of 1 Good Glob of coconut oil.
This shrimp curry is convenient too, if you, like me, happen to keep a bag of shrimp in the freezer and a can of coconut milk in the pantry. Add the red pepper, onions and remaining coconut milk mixture to pan. Add shrimp and cilantro; heat through. Sprinkle the curry powder over the onions and continue cooking, stirring, for another couple of minutes.
Coconut Shrimp Curry step by step
- Mix together in a microwave safe bowl cilantro, curry, turmeric,garlic powder and whisk that together.
- After you've whisked the dry ingredients add the coconut milk, lime juice, red curry paste and the sliced cherry tomatoes and stir that around. It should have a light orange color when combined.
- Place your curry soup stuff, in the microwave for 4min 30sec on high.
- Check your mixture to see if it is piping hot throughout. You may have to reheat and stir it a few more times depending, on you microwave.
- Next in a medium sized nonstick pan, heat table spoon of coconut oil on med heat. ( if you don't have a nonstick pan just coat the pan heavily with oil and keep the temp low so the shrimp won't burn.
- Reduce the heat if your oil is melting to fast and add your shrimp. Feel free to add more oil, it'll give your shrimp more flavor.
- While cooking shrimp check periodically, to make sure they do not over cook. For red argentina shrimp just follow directions on package.
- Once your shrimp is cooked completley add shrimp and juices to your curry mixture, and let them steap together for 5 min.
- Add rice or quinoa if desired and enjoy :D.
Reduce the heat to medium low and pour in the coconut milk, stirring to combine. Add remaining tablespoon coconut oil, onion, and garlic. I have a recipe for Shrimp Stir-Fry with Coconut Curry Sauce that is divine and marries the two flavors but is more of a, well, stir-fry, as the name implies, versus this new curry recipe that channels a stew-like flavor and style. Extremely simple to prepare, and quick, too, the combination of sultry, deep spices with the creamy coconut milk and. This keto shrimp coconut curry will totally blow your mind on how delicious and easy it is to make.