Fried Sambal with Shrimp and Stink Bean (SAMBAL GORENG UDANG PETE). Masakan Minang Rumahan I Fried Shrimp and Stinky Bean With Sambal. Resep udang balado, resep udang dan Pete balado, sambalado udang khas Padang, udang balado Padang, kuliner Padang, masakan Padang, udang petai balado, sambal udang dan Pete, sambal udang resep "Sambal Goreng Udang & Petai" is basically made from potatoes, tofu, shrimps and "tempe". The special ingredient of this dish is the stinky beans.
The main ingredients are green beans, sambal oelek (where the sambal oelek can be replaced with fresh red chili pepper and salt, which is what it is made of), and coconut milk. I really liked this version, which was inspired by many different recipes I found online. The sambal goreng udang uses red bell peppers and red chillis to form a delicious red sauce which can be softened with coconut sugar. You can have Fried Sambal with Shrimp and Stink Bean (SAMBAL GORENG UDANG PETE) using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Sambal with Shrimp and Stink Bean (SAMBAL GORENG UDANG PETE)
- Prepare 400 gr of shrimp, fried.
- Prepare 1 pod of petai (Stink Bean), peeled and split in two.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes, diced.
- You need 200 ml of thick coconut milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 cm of galangal, crushed.
- Prepare 3 leaves of lime/lemon, boned.
- It’s to taste of Sugar and salt.
- You need to taste of Oil for frying.
- It’s of GROUND SPICES.
- You need 10 of small red onions.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 3 of curly red chilies.
- You need 5 of large red chilies.
- You need 9 of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 of hazelnuts.
- You need 1 tsp of shrimp paste.
If you don't have much tolerance for red chilies, you can choose the milder ones and not lose much taste. The sauce will then be used to cook shrimp and served. Sambal Udang (Prawn Sambal) is a well loved side dish that is often taken for granted. It seldom takes center stage as it is usually served as an accompaniment or condiment to jazz up a meal.
Fried Sambal with Shrimp and Stink Bean (SAMBAL GORENG UDANG PETE) instructions
- Saute ground spices, galangal and lime leaves until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp and tomatoes, and cook until the tomatoes are slightly soft.
- Add coconut milk and brown sugar, cook until the sauce is reduced. Add the petai.
- Serve warm rice to accompany.
- NOTE : Parkia speciosa (petai, bitter bean, twisted cluster bean, stinker or stink bean).
A little goes a long way because the sauce (and not the shrimps) is actually the star of the dish. Sambal Goreng Udang recipe: Try this Sambal Goreng Udang recipe, or contribute your own. Add sambal sauce to the prawns and toss for five minutes or till done. Serve garnished with sauteed onion, diced red chilli and green chilli. Sambal goreng udang recipe by Charmaine Solomon – To make the prawn stock, rinse the prawn heads and shells and drain well.