Shrimps in Coconut Milk and Vegetables or Ginataang Hipon na Gulay. If you want to be healthy this year and save alot of money, try cooking at home. Because you know what ingredients you add to your dish, aim for more whole. This cooking technique involves simmering seafood, vegetables or fruits in coconut milk, and could either be savory or sweet but totally distinct from one another.
Aside from shrimps, other meats, seafood, and vegetables can also be cooked this way. Coconut milk is an awesome ingredient provided that you know the proper way to. Ginataang kalabasa, also known as kalabasa sa gata, is a Filipino vegetable stew made from calabaza in coconut milk and spices. You can cook Shrimps in Coconut Milk and Vegetables or Ginataang Hipon na Gulay using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimps in Coconut Milk and Vegetables or Ginataang Hipon na Gulay
- You need of Shrimps shells and heads taken off.
- You need of Lemon juice.
- You need of Okra tops and tips cut.
- You need of String beans tops and tips cut.
- It’s of Squash or calabasa peeled and chopped.
- You need of Coconut milk.
- Prepare of Water or chicken stock.
- You need of Jalapeño peppers chopped.
It commonly includes shrimp and yardlong beans and either bagoong (fermented fish or shrimp) or patis (fish sauce). Ingredients for Shrimp in Creamy Coconut Milk. Ginataan na Hipon is not only quick and easy to make, but it also uses only a few ingredients which you probably already have on hand. head-on shrimp- medium to extra large size depending on preference. coconut milk-or use coconut cream. How to cook Ginataang Hipon (Shrimp in Coconut Cream).
Shrimps in Coconut Milk and Vegetables or Ginataang Hipon na Gulay instructions
- Peel shrimps and season them with pepper and salt and lemon juice. And marinate set aside. Heat pan with oil cook shrimps until they turn orange then take out pan set aside.
- Sauté onions, garlic, and chopped jalapeño then add string beans and the okra cook add coconut milk stir scrapping bottom of pan add chicken stock simmer add squash let cook until squash is tender.
- When squash is tender return shrimps and simmer until all vegetables are tender but still crunchy turn off heat serve.
Pre-heat oil in a medium-sized pan. The easiest is buying coconut milk and coconut cream in cans but it is not as flavorful as the fresh one. In a saucepan, combine coconut milk, shrimps, siling haba and salt. Ginataang Kalabasa (squash in coconut milk). Ginataang Gulay at Hipon is made of squash, shrimps and green beans that simmer in coconut milk to create a nutritious and delicious meal.