Mom’s Shrimp Casserole. I have certain kitchen staples that I always keep on hand for quick last-minute meals, and frozen shrimp and white rice are two of those must-have items. Cheesy Shrimp Casserole is the perfect dinner for a chilly night! Reames Frozen Egg Noodles and tiny shrimp in a creamy sauce – the entire family will love this one for sure!
While a Curried Chicken Salad with Grapes is delicious for a change of pace, I always come back to this tried-and-true favorite! In a saucepan heat the cream. When the butter is melted, whisk in cheese and pepper until smooth. You can have Mom’s Shrimp Casserole using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mom’s Shrimp Casserole
- Prepare shrimp casserole.
- Prepare 2 cups of pre-cooked white or brown rice.
- You need 1 cup of chopped red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 of family size can cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 8 oz of shredded swiss cheese, best to get from the deli and just slice and dice yourself.
- You need 8 oz of freshly shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 25 large of cleaned, deveined tail off fresh shrimp.
Stir in shrimp and continue to cook on low for a minute or two until the shrimp turns pink. Serve over hot pasta with scallions or parsley on top. Full of plump, tender shrimp and zesty Italian sausage, this creamy tomato sauce is a perfect companion for your favorite noodles. Dump and bake ravioli casserole; Dump and bake cheese ham and potato casserole; Dump and bake chicken pot pie; Dump and bake overnight macaroni cheese; If you’ve tried this Dump and Bake Creamy Shrimp Pasta or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below!
Mom’s Shrimp Casserole step by step
- In a large pot over medium heat cook onions, celery, and peppers in butter until tender. About 3-5 minutes.
- Remove vegetables and set aside. In the same pan, cook shrimp until they turn pink and just a touch undercooked.
- In a large bowl combine cooked vegetables, creamed soup, rice, salt and pepper, swiss cheese, and half of the cheddar. Mix well.
- Place in a very lightly greased 9″ by 13″ baking tray.
- Now place shrimp throughput baking tray nestling into rice mixture making sure they are pushed down to be covered.
- Bake covered 30 minutes in a preheated 375°F oven. After 30 minutes remove the cover, add the other half of cheese, and bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Serve with wedges of fresh lemon.
- This is Taylor68 too mom’s recipe. Cover photo by mom too!.
Shrimp and rice casserole baked with tomatoes, mushroom soup, and French onion soup is a flavorful side dish. Stir soup and milk until smooth. In this case, I simplified the preparation in order to create my own dump-and-bake version of the meal that would maintain all of the wonderful. I’m a mom to two great boys and married to my best friend! I spend my time developing recipes that my family and friends will love and then I share them with you!