You can have Fish Pie using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish Pie
- You need 500 g of Fish Fillets *Both Red-meat Fish & White-meat Fish recommended.
- You need of *Note: I usually use Salmon & Whiting.
- It’s 1-2 of Onion *cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic *finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of Bay Leaf.
- It’s 2 cups of Milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Frozen Peas.
- Prepare 50 g of Butter.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Plain Flour.
- You need of Salt & White Pepper.
- It’s 50 g of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- You need 4 of Potatoes *about 800g.
- Prepare of <Mashed Potatoes>.
- Prepare 20 g of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Milk *depends on the amount of Potatoes.
Fish Pie instructions
- Lightly season Fish Fillets with Salt & White Pepper.
- Place Onion, Garlic, Bay Leaf and Fish Fillets in a deep frying pan or a pot. Pour over the Milk and heat over a medium to low heat, cover with lid and simmer until Fish Fillets are cooked.
- Transfer Fish Fillets to a plate. When cool enough to handle, remove skin and bones, and flake them into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook Potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain and mash with Butter, add 1/2 cup Milk until smooth. The amount of Milk depends the amount of Potatoes.
- Melt 50g Butter in a saucepan, stir in Flour and cook over a low heat for a few minutes. Add it to the milk mixture and cook, string well, until thickened. Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Add the Fish and Peas.
- Spoon the mixture into a baking dish, place the mashed potatoes on top and smooth with a fork tracing a pattern. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan Cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the top is golden.